(resolved) Keep losing soundcard

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Keep losing soundcard

Post by Fourdee »

rothchild wrote:Hmm, after a couple of days of great performance I'm back to no soundcard... I've submitted a bugreport: 001150c085d0-1 - hope there's enough in there to work out what the problem is.
Hi Marc,

Apologies for the delay, its been a mad few weeks moving house. I cant seem to find your bug report, this is most likely my fault as it was probably lost during the move. If you could complete the bugreport again i would be truly grateful. You also have my permission to slap me :o
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
rothchild

Post by rothchild »

Hey Dan,

I just took a fresh install and it's up and running, I suspect I may have run rpi-update and that was breaking the soundcard driver. I've got it back up and running and I'm not touching it any further. Still would be good to see an optimised diet-pi install as I'm sure there are some efficiencies that can be found.

Hope your move went ok!
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

rothchild wrote:Still would be good to see an optimised diet-pi install as I'm sure there are some efficiencies that can be found.

Hope your move went ok!
Hi Marc,

Subsonic is still on my list, hopefully get round to it next week. Yep, the move is now completed, happy days :D
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
rothchild

Re: (resolved) Keep losing soundcard

Post by rothchild »

Cracking stuff,

I think subsonic could open up diet-pi to a wider audience as there are a bunch of mpd based audio distros, but no one seems to have caught on to subsonic as a fully fledged sound system.