Native PC for UEFI ver6.0 Error [SOLVED]

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
johnvick
Legend

Re: Native PC for UEFI ver6.0 Error [SOLVED]

Post by johnvick »

It didn't work for me here on the Z83 - tried using the first method of manually editing the three files to sda, sdb etc - no luck.

Tried the new method with install menu but same story. I ctrl-c'd out of Clonezilla and did # blkid - the eMMc and the install USB drive showed but the target USB drive didn't. # lsusb showed all drives. Why would that be?

Swapped the install and target drives round the three USB ports, but the install drive always grabbed sda.

Anyway decided to have a third attempt at installing to eMMC so after a backup - all went well. Have pretty much got the system running as it was before, Emby busy rescanning my media library.

Thanks Fourdee and your associates for all your work on this. I'll tackle the XU4 next - easier prospect just shuffling SD cards.

John
Edward

Re: Native PC for UEFI ver6.0 Error

Post by Edward »

Fourdee wrote: usb-dac detection requires the DAC to be attached (powered on), else DietPi will not find the device index. Was the unit attached, powered on?
Yes, this particular device uses USB power so once the PC is powered up it receives power and is on...

Also I noticed that when I try to install LMS it looks for the ARM version. Don't know if that was the problem but it would not install via the Dietpi GUI. I had to uninstall LMS via the GUI and install it manually.

First install
sudo apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl

Then do a wget from the Nightly build page for my device [x86_64], from there a sudo dpkg -i .... and everything was fine.
Edward

Re: Native PC for UEFI ver6.0 Error [SOLVED]

Post by Edward »

johnvick wrote:It didn't work for me here on the Z83 - tried using the first method of manually editing the three files to sda, sdb etc - no luck.

Tried the new method with install menu but same story. I ctrl-c'd out of Clonezilla and did # blkid - the eMMc and the install USB drive showed but the target USB drive didn't. # lsusb showed all drives. Why would that be?

Swapped the install and target drives round the three USB ports, but the install drive always grabbed sda.

Anyway decided to have a third attempt at installing to eMMC so after a backup - all went well. Have pretty much got the system running as it was before, Emby busy rescanning my media library.

Thanks Fourdee and your associates for all your work on this. I'll tackle the XU4 next - easier prospect just shuffling SD cards.

John
Hi John
Just for reference, I didn't change anything in the files ie sda etc.

I just replaces the two files with those in the zip. I did have some problems with my bios recognizing the USB with the Dietpi/Conzilla at first, after a couple of attempts it recognized it.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Native PC for UEFI ver6.0 Error

Post by Fourdee »

Edward wrote:Also I noticed that when I try to install LMS it looks for the ARM version. Don't know if that was the problem but it would not install via the Dietpi GUI. I had to uninstall LMS via the GUI and install it manually.
Confirmed, we'll investigate.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.