Urbackup - not enough space in the backup folder

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
buffalo0207

Urbackup - not enough space in the backup folder

Post by buffalo0207 »

I'm not quite sure what i'm doing wrong. I'm using a folder on my NAS (currently 3tb free) which is pointed at my Raspberry Pi using Samba. Therefore, I thought this would be used as the backup folder for Urbackup. However, I keep getting the error message that there's not enough space. So, i can only imagine that it's trying to use the space left on the 4gb microsd card.

What's going wrong? Why isn't Urbackup automatically using the nominated NAS folder that Samba has networked? On another Pi, I use the same method for my Squeeze Server, with no problems...

I've followed the directions exactly stated from the installation page on here and I haven't changed any settings within Urbackup.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Re: Urbackup - not enough space in the backup folder

Post by MichaIng »

Hi buffalo0207,

by default, our software uses /mnt/dietpi_userdata/<subdir> for software specific data. This is also the case for backups, made by Urbackup. This is by default located on root drive, so yes, by default your 4 GB SD.

You can use dietpi-software to move your dietpi_userdata to the external drive, which also makes sense for all its other use cases in combination with 4 GB root drive ;).
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

yes, diepi-launcher, then use dietpi-drive manager and see if you can mount then move all user data to the massive drive

good call MichaIng, that's why your name is in red ;)

Also, do you have the samba share mounted and listed in /etc/fstab
It should automount on start
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

good call MichaIng, that's why your name is in red ;)
This was mainly to allow ownCloud/Nextcloud related documentation changes/announcements ;). Hope nobody put's too much weight into the colours, at least not in my case :P.
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

I know...I was just sayin' you're awesome...
buffalo0207

Post by buffalo0207 »

Thanks MichaIng...