No Audio on ShairPort and Spotify on Sparky USBridge

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Facel

No Audio on ShairPort and Spotify on Sparky USBridge

Post by Facel »

I have installed raspotify on my new Sparkybridge connected via USB to a TEAC UD501

On the very first try Raspotify ans Shairport both worked flawlessly.

Today it is different !!
I can select DietPi (Raspotify) on my phone but there is no sound coming out
and if I select the airplay output, the audio start, then spotify switch immediatly on the phone output and the shaiport
is automaticy switched on :status = Inactive - Shairport sync = Disable

I also have the GMRender active, and I have no problem to play any song via DLNA.

thanks for your help
Facel

Re: No Audio on ShairPort and Spotify on Sparky USBridge

Post by Facel »

Problem solved With SharePort by setting the audio output on 24 Bits - 44100 Hz

Problem still pending with Raspotify ...I suspect that I need to force the Audio output of the Usbridge to 24 bits when using spotify ...
but I do not know how to achieve that ...

There is also no information (blank line) in the Allo Web Interface, regarding th Status of the ALSA OUTPUT STREAM INFORMATION ...
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Facel wrote:Problem solved With SharePort by setting the audio output on 24 Bits - 44100 Hz

Problem still pending with Raspotify ...I suspect that I need to force the Audio output of the Usbridge to 24 bits when using spotify ...
but I do not know how to achieve that ...

There is also no information (blank line) in the Allo Web Interface, regarding th Status of the ALSA OUTPUT STREAM INFORMATION ...
Hi,

Unsure also with regards to Raspotify, the config file is available below, but I cannot see any options relating to output bitdepth:

Code: Select all

/etc/default/raspotify
https://github.com/dtcooper/raspotify#configuration

The ALSA output information, only displays when audio playback is active on the device. Simply refresh the page when audio is playing (eg: F5).
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Facel

Post by Facel »

Hi Fourdee

I agree that there is no option related to bitdeph in the raspotify config. I also tried to set the best audio BITRATE="320
in the config file but without any success.

I also did refresh the allo web page after playing a song with spotify and having selected dietpi as output.

During my very first try of Spotify I got it playing correctly ... thats why I tend to beleive that it is related to a bad parameter
set .. but it is only my guess