DietPi automation allows users to fully automate the whole installation process, and, automatically install optimised software from the DietPi-Software catalog.
Full list of software index's available for install: #p9344
We have also added features like:
- Pre-configure networking (WiFi/Static IP etc)
- Download and execute custom script during installation.
- Auto mounting Samba/FTP client shares
Download image and edit the automation file:
- Download the latest DietPi image: https://dietpi.com/#download
- Write the DietPi image to your SDcard
- Edit the file /boot/dietpi.txt to your needs
- When you are finished:
- Save changes, eject SD card and place into SBC device
- Power on, watch the magic
- Change AUTO_SETUP_NET_WIFI_ENABLED=1 to enable WiFi.
- Enter your WiFi credentials: in the following file /boot/dietpi-wifi.txt. Use lines containing  to add your primary WiFi account. You can add multiple WiFi accounts using  to .
- NB: If the above file does not exist, use the older system in dietpi.txt: Change AUTO_SETUP_NET_WIFI_SSID= and AUTO_SETUP_NET_WIFI_KEY= accordingly.
- Change AUTO_SETUP_AUTOMATED=1 to enable automated installation with no user inputs.
- Find software ID's you want to install, run dietpi-software list
- Add those entries in, eg: AUTO_SETUP_INSTALL_SOFTWARE_ID=44 will install Transmission.
DietPi-Automation will create a log file, containing details of the process, in the following location:
Code: Select all