Owncloud update gone wrong

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
confusedpi

Owncloud update gone wrong

Post by confusedpi »

I had my owncloud working remotely on https until the update for dietpi happened around Christmas time. I updated the Pi and then everytime I would try to update owncloud it would give me faults for plugins that were causing issues. I got all of those taken care of and it just refused to work. I then went into a clean install of dietpi and owncloud but now I get this fault everytime I try to install owncloud:

Error while trying to create admin user: An exception occurred while executing 'CREA TE TABLE `oc_appconfig` (`appid` VARCHAR(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, `configkey` VARCHA R(64) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, `configvalue` LONGTEXT DEFAULT NULL, INDEX appconfig_conf ig_key_index (`configkey`), INDEX appconfig_appid_key (`appid`), PRIMARY KEY(`appid` , `configkey`)) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_bin ENGINE = InnoDB RO W_FORMAT = compressed':

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1813 Tablespace for table '`owncloud`.`oc_appconfig` ' exists. Please DISCARD the tablespace before IMPORT.cd

I am a noob in regards to most of this so I've been stumbling around mostly by reading what you guys post and walk throughs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
confusedpi

Re: Owncloud update gone wrong

Post by confusedpi »

I ended up getting it figured out, I was approaching it from the wrong angle. Just in case any of you guys run into this same issue go to your
database directory and remove the oc_"app" from there. This should do the trick for you.

Code: Select all

cd /var/lib/mysql/owncloud

ls
this gives you the list of tables in there

type:

rm oc*
it will remove all of those nasty buggers.

following that you should be able to install and reboot and have your owncloud up and running in no time. Happy hunting.