Kodi 15.2 for DietPi Wheezy Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Kodi 15.2 for DietPi Wheezy

Post by Fourdee »

dogdayfear wrote:I think nothing has changed. I did a fresh install of DietPi Jessie and still Kodi 14.2 via dietpi-software.

Any news?
Hi Dogdayfear,

I've had to put this on the back burner (low priority) as I simply dont have the time available at the moment. Have you tested/tried your Kodi 15.2 with DietPi Jessie v109, is it stable?
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

Fourdee wrote: Have you tested/tried your Kodi 15.2 with DietPi Jessie v109, is it stable?
Nop. I have tried Jessie for 4 or 5 times over the time. I always find the same problem that I cant solve and is this: I cant shutdown my system with

Code: Select all

halt
command. Gives an error about shutting down ssh sessions. And I havent been able to correct it. Belive me I have searched for a solution, googling for hours to solve it but no luck. I cant halt my system. Thats because I always back to Wheezy.

And if I had Jessie I will have to compile Kodi from source for Jessie. Different dependencies for both. I think I would do it. But first I have to feel comfortable with Jessie. And the halt system problem follows me from the beggining of the times. :)
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

Solved the 'halt' problem. Now use poweroff instead.

So I have to compile from source to Jessie. Mmmm .... getting off the mud again. :)
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

dogdayfear wrote:Solved the 'halt' problem. Now use poweroff instead.

So I have to compile from source to Jessie. Mmmm .... getting off the mud again. :)
I use poweroff also, and reboot commands.

You dont need to recompile for Jessie, its only a suggestion as Wheezy is being phased out (see RPI Wheezy Image section. But if you do, let us know how 15.2 runs on Jessie.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
thof

Post by thof »

I'm running 15.2 very stable on a RPi2, the only issue that sometimes occurs is that the audio renderer crashes after playing for a long time. When this happens video playback is stuck and you have to reboot.
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

thof wrote:I'm running 15.2 very stable on a RPi2, the only issue that sometimes occurs is that the audio renderer crashes after playing for a long time. When this happens video playback is stuck and you have to reboot.
Are you referring to 15.2 version I compiled or other version?

Thanks.
thof

Post by thof »

Not sure, I installed Kodi through the Dietpi menu, so don't think it's yours.
I'm running Jessie, yours is for Wheezy right?
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

thof wrote:Not sure, I installed Kodi through the Dietpi menu, so don't think it's yours.
Yes, mine is Wheezy.

I dont understand how you are running 15.2 if you installed through Dietpi menu. I think Fourdee still is using and old version of Kodi with the Dietpi install script.

Thanks anyway.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

dogdayfear wrote:
thof wrote:Not sure, I installed Kodi through the Dietpi menu, so don't think it's yours.
Yes, mine is Wheezy.

I dont understand how you are running 15.2 if you installed through Dietpi menu. I think Fourdee still is using and old version of Kodi with the Dietpi install script.

Thanks anyway.
Yep, for wheezy we use the following repo:
deb http://archive.mene.za.net/raspbian wheezy contrib as per Micheal's guide http://michael.gorven.za.net/raspberrypi/xbmc

Which was 14.x last time I checked (been a while). But the repo may have updated their version, would need to verify.

On RPi Jessie, its a straight forward apt-get install Kodi | from raspbian repo.
Odroids are apt-get install kodi-odroid | packages created by Meveric