No server available for plexmediaserver

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
dinesh88

No server available for plexmediaserver

Post by dinesh88 »

Hi Guys,

First of all I would like to really thank the developers of Dietpi, I am very new to linux and was reluctant of getting a SBC for the same reason. But I was intrigued by the possibility of using SBC as my permanent mediaserver by using Plex and also as a cloud service through nextcloud. Thorough my initial research, I found dietpi and was amazed at what all it could do and it was a perfect OS for my needs.

I am using Odroid XU4 and using dietpi as my OS. I followed the software installation from the dietpi-software to install plexmediaserver and few others. The problem I am facing is that after successful installation of plexmediaserver I am not able to get SERVER option in the settings and hence not able to link my videos to it. I have un-installed and re-installed plexmediaserver few times from the dietpi-software console but the problem continues to stay.

Could you please help out on how I could fix this issue.

Thank you
WarHawk

Re: No server available for plexmediaserver

Post by WarHawk »

Any error messages in /var/log ?
dinesh88

Post by dinesh88 »

Hi WarHawk,

No there is no error in var/log

If there is something else that I should be doing then please let me know.

The plexmediaserver seams to be running fine, when I input "service plexmediaserver status"it seems to be ok. But still when I go on ipaddress:32400/web the webpage for plex comes up with the sign in process, it then asks me to install a server as no server is available. Even when I enter the USERS section, the server is not listed there.

Thanks
Attachments
plex log in.jpg
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

On mine to get to "Server" settings. Click the tools button up in the top right
dinesh88

Post by dinesh88 »

Hi WarHawk,

Thanks for replying. The problem was that I was not able to get any server settings as the server was being blocked by my router. I got to the forums in the below link and it seems to be a common problem, PLEX only supports RFC 1918 private LANS and the problem was with my GATEWAY's IP address.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/27504 ... erver-host

Anyone with similar problem should check this link out. Chuck does a good job explaining on how to fix it.

:)
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

dinesh88 wrote:Hi WarHawk,

Thanks for replying. The problem was that I was not able to get any server settings as the server was being blocked by my router. I got to the forums in the below link and it seems to be a common problem, PLEX only supports RFC 1918 private LANS and the problem was with my GATEWAY's IP address.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/27504 ... erver-host

Anyone with similar problem should check this link out. Chuck does a good job explaining on how to fix it.

:)
Awesome...thanks for the explanation and followup!