Initial setup - without any monitor at all. Am I mis-reading

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
steelnwool

Initial setup - without any monitor at all. Am I mis-reading

Post by steelnwool »

Hi!

I just wrote DietPi to my MicroSD card then edited dietpi.txt with my Wifi details and set AUTO_Install_Enable=1

Is my understanding correct that once I put this card into my rPi zero it should boot up and after a few minutes I can ssh in as root?

Or are there other steps that I have to go thru first that involve having a monitor / keyboard?

I can find the device with nmap, and zeus-admin is running on port 9090 tho I can't conect to it and vnc is running on port 5900 but I can't connect to that with default credentials either.

Thanks!
steelnwool

Re: Initial setup - without any monitor at all. Am I mis-rea

Post by steelnwool »

I liked. zeus-admin and vnc are running on something else in my house.. I've no idea what however. So that's project #2.

Still, same question about ssh presides. Tks.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

steelnwool wrote:Hi!

I just wrote DietPi to my MicroSD card then edited dietpi.txt with my Wifi details and set AUTO_Install_Enable=1

Is my understanding correct that once I put this card into my rPi zero it should boot up and after a few minutes I can ssh in as root?

Or are there other steps that I have to go thru first that involve having a monitor / keyboard?

I can find the device with nmap, and zeus-admin is running on port 9090 tho I can't conect to it and vnc is running on port 5900 but I can't connect to that with default credentials either.

Thanks!
Hi,

Thats it, once system is ready, SSH should be accessable.

If you are automating VNC server, you will need to set a VNC password over SSH, before VNC can be used. We cant automate the password generation.

run

Code: Select all

vncpasswd
service vncserver restart
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
steelnwool

Post by steelnwool »

I think I solved my issue... I had configured it with a 5ghz wifi network but the pi zero w will only join 2.4ghz networks.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

steelnwool wrote:I think I solved my issue... I had configured it with a 5ghz wifi network but the pi zero w will only join 2.4ghz networks.
:)
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.