Installation internet issues can’t do anything

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Truevoice

Installation internet issues can’t do anything

Post by Truevoice »

Doing a new installation v157 on raspberry pi 2 but keep getting internet issue and my setting are correct can’t access rpi from web browser but can from ssh. Unit can’t connect to update and failed during start up lighttpd, php5, MySQL Please help
Truevoice

Re: Installation internet issues can’t do anything

Post by Truevoice »

No+DHCPOFFERS+received+dietpi+lan+cable&. cant access internet have tried 5 different rpi s and different network cables and different power supplies but the same...can ping rpi and rpi can ping router and can ping google.com but will not connect to updates or any system stuff please please can someone help me
secpri

Post by secpri »

Can you give me more detail information by this commands:

ifconfig -a
route -v
cat /etc/network/interfaces

Perhaps we can find your problem.

The output should be simalar to the following screenshot: (192.168.200.1 = My Router)
standard.JPG
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Truevoice wrote:No+DHCPOFFERS+received. cant access internet have tried 5 different rpi s and different network cables and different power supplies but the same...can ping rpi and rpi can ping router and can ping google.com but will not connect to updates or any system stuff please please can someone help me
Router is failing to provide DHCP ACK, could be a router failure, incompatibility, or a slow router in general.

Either way, try rebooting the router.

Failing that, set STATIC IP address in DietPi-Config > Networking
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.