Nextcloud stopped working after updatting to v158

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
dietpibelgium

Re: Nextcloud stopped working after updatting to v158

Post by dietpibelgium »

Hi,

my Nextcloud also stopped working after the uodate to 158.
the proposed solution :
-uroot -pdietpi -e "grant all privileges on nextcloud.* to 'oc_admin'@'localhost'"
returns this error :
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

any help would be appreciated. I spend a long time settings this up as the
install script did not work. The Let's Encrypt script messed up everything.
ysuolmai

Post by ysuolmai »

Just sharing my experience with nextcloud with recent updates. I got 500 for both nextcloud and pihole after updating with apt a few weeks back. I googled the error message (I forgot what exactly the message was), and i was able to fix it by changing some config in PHP FPM and nginx. Sorry i could not remember what I googled so I could not find the URL.

What i changed was:
in /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/www.conf, find the line "listen = /run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock", and change to "listen=127.0.0.1:9000"
in /etc/nginx/sites-available/default, find the part on "location ~ \.php$", and change like this
location ~ \.php$ {
include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
}

Then restart php fpm and nginx, or simply do a reboot.

Everything works fine for me after changing these.

Just sharing my experience. I hope it helps but probably your problem was not caused by the same issue.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

@ysuolmai
Thanks for sharing.

But keep in mind, that you changed your PHP + Nginx to listen/use TCP instead of local unix socket, which is not recommended on one-machine systems, especially for performance reasons.

I would suggest to find the reason, why the socket e.g. "/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock" does not work as it should, if PHP and Nginx are configured to use it. I made many test installations the last month, including just today, with ownCloud, Nextcloud and also PiHole on different distro versions with Nginx and Lighttpd (both php-fpm) and using unix socket worked there.

On the other hand, never change a running system, if there is no reason to touch it anyway :D.
ysuolmai

Post by ysuolmai »

MichaIng wrote:@ysuolmai
Thanks for sharing.

But keep in mind, that you changed your PHP + Nginx to listen/use TCP instead of local unix socket, which is not recommended on one-machine systems, especially for performance reasons.

I would suggest to find the reason, why the socket e.g. "/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock" does not work as it should, if PHP and Nginx are configured to use it. I made many test installations the last month, including just today, with ownCloud, Nextcloud and also PiHole on different distro versions with Nginx and Lighttpd (both php-fpm) and using unix socket worked there.

On the other hand, never change a running system, if there is no reason to touch it anyway :D.
yeah because previously the php running was not 7.0, so the folder path changed but config was not updated. Im just lazy to change folder path again in case it updates again in the future haha.