Question about Kodi version - 14.2 vs 15.2

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
skyfly555

Question about Kodi version - 14.2 vs 15.2

Post by skyfly555 »

I've installed today a DietPi image with Kodi and realised it's 14.2
In another image I have, OpenElec 6, it's 15.2 (the current stable version).

Is it 14.2 for some reason? Maybe it's faster, I don't know and I'd like to know :)

I'm using a RPI 1B.

Thank you!
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Question about Kodi version - 14.2 vs 15.2

Post by Fourdee »

skyfly555 wrote:I've installed today a DietPi image with Kodi and realised it's 14.2
In another image I have, OpenElec 6, it's 15.2 (the current stable version).

Is it 14.2 for some reason? Maybe it's faster, I don't know and I'd like to know :)

I'm using a RPI 1B.

Thank you!
Currently, Jessie installs Kodi from the Raspbian repo. Wheezy uses the package provided by Michael Gorven. Both of these are 14.2 the last time I checked.
The only reason 15.2 is not installed is because compiling Linux software is not my strong point. Its one of my demons that I would love to change at some point :)
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

I have provided Fourdee a 15.2 built over DietPi. Im sure he will give it a chance to see if its stable enought to update the actual 14.2 version in DietPi.
skyfly555

Post by skyfly555 »

Thank you very much,

I think this would be great.

I don't know if this is related to the Kodi version but something strange happens to me with the 14.2 release. I have a pendrive that works correctly on my OpenElec6/Kodi 15,2 image, but when I try to get it working on DietPi/Kodi 14.2 it doesn't get mounted.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

skyfly555 wrote:Thank you very much,

I think this would be great.

I don't know if this is related to the Kodi version but something strange happens to me with the 14.2 release. I have a pendrive that works correctly on my OpenElec6/Kodi 15,2 image, but when I try to get it working on DietPi/Kodi 14.2 it doesn't get mounted.
If you installed DietPi with a dedicated drive, you can find the drive under:
- Kodi = Files > Root > mnt > usb_1
- terminal path = /mnt/usb_1

If you didnt install DietPi with a dedicated drive, you will need to mount the pendrive before using it:

Code: Select all

/DietPi/dietpi/dietpi-external_drive_setup
Say NO to formatting. The drive must have a ext4 or NTFS filesystem to be mounted by DietPi.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
skyfly555

Post by skyfly555 »

Thank you very much for your answer.

I really didn't know in DietPi it's needed to have the drive NTFS or EXT4 formatted, and that there's a dietpi-external_drive_setup command.

Now I understand what happened, because my USB drive is FAT formatted.