Docs for TightVNC config Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
rsteinberger

Docs for TightVNC config

Post by rsteinberger »

I would like to tweak tightVNC, as it was setup during DietPi install to be used by root. I'd like to create a non-root user (is it "adduser" or "useradd"?) and then change the TightVNC server config to allow logins from that new user (and no longer allow root logins).... I'm happy to read the documentation, but a pointer as to exactly where this is would help... I haven't been able to identify the right source.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Docs for TightVNC config

Post by Fourdee »

rsteinberger wrote:I would like to tweak tightVNC, as it was setup during DietPi install to be used by root. I'd like to create a non-root user (is it "adduser" or "useradd"?) and then change the TightVNC server config to allow logins from that new user (and no longer allow root logins).... I'm happy to read the documentation, but a pointer as to exactly where this is would help... I haven't been able to identify the right source.
Outside of the dietpi.txt settings, you'll need to edit our custom script.

Code: Select all

/usr/local/bin/vncserver
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.