RPi 3 v157 RT Kernel not updated

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
ipph

RPi 3 v157 RT Kernel not updated

Post by ipph »

On v156 i installed the RT kernel v4.9.44-rt30-v7+ with the command of the changelog of v155:

Code: Select all

/DietPi/dietpi/func/dietpi-set_hardware kernel dietpi_rpi_rt
After updating to v157, it's also update the kernel to a new version 4.9.52 not RT of the Kernel.
So I try to rerun the command to install the RT kernel and it's revert back to the v4.9.44-rt30-v7+.

1. Is it ok to go back to the previous version of kernel or there may be problems?
2. Will new versions of the RT kernel be released in the future?

Thanks in advance for any answer
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: RPi 3 v157 RT Kernel not updated

Post by Fourdee »

ipph wrote:On v156 i installed the RT kernel v4.9.44-rt30-v7+ with the command of the changelog of v155:

Code: Select all

/DietPi/dietpi/func/dietpi-set_hardware kernel dietpi_rpi_rt
After updating to v157, it's also update the kernel to a new version 4.9.52 not RT of the Kernel.
So I try to rerun the command to install the RT kernel and it's revert back to the v4.9.44-rt30-v7+.

1. Is it ok to go back to the previous version of kernel or there may be problems?
2. Will new versions of the RT kernel be released in the future?

Thanks in advance for any answer
Hi,

RT is currently in testing, we will provide updated version in the future, once we have integrated an option in DietPi, that allows users to select RT/NON-RT kernel.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.