Latest XU4 Kernel seems to break install Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
gregb49

Re: Latest XU4 Kernel seems to break install

Post by gregb49 »

Odroid-XU4
Thanks for all your tips, but I still cannot get DietPi to run.
I tried a while back and it did, sort of, but with some major problems, so I left it for a day when I had some spare time.
I downloaded a new image today, and using Etcher, flashed a 32GB SD card, which I’ve done 5 times today. Each time when I get to update and upgrade, it tries to reboot, but fails. There is no blue light! (I think that means that it cannot boot from the SD card)
I’ve checked the equusgrevyi suggestion that boot.ini has exynos5422-odroidxu3.dtb, which it does. Not xu4.
I’ve tried the trikster suggestion of apt-mark hold linux-image-3.10.105+ before the update/upgrade step, but to no avail.
I’ve also tried a total of 3 SD cards, also to no avail, just loading one desktop only as the only software. LXDE on one and MATE on another SD card to minimise the problems.
My conclusion is that this current DietPi image cannot be used on the XU4. (DietPi_v154_OdroidXU4-armv7-(Jessie))
Oh well, back to Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and Android 7. They work with only very minor niggles.
Rock 64 4GB. Evaluating desktops using Armbian-Debian-Stretch/DietPi-Stretch/Bionic-LXDE
Lanxon

Post by Lanxon »

gregb49 wrote:My conclusion is that this current DietPi image cannot be used on the XU4. (DietPi_v154_OdroidXU4-armv7-(Jessie))
Oh well, back to Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and Android 7. They work with only very minor niggles.
There are a Problem with the last Update...use "apt-mark hold uboot" before update to so solve the Problems.

https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issue ... -321542109
gregb49

Post by gregb49 »

Lanxon wrote:There are a Problem with the last Update...use "apt-mark hold uboot" before update to so solve the Problems.
Thanks Lanxon, that worked. I'm up and running, sort of ;)
Rock 64 4GB. Evaluating desktops using Armbian-Debian-Stretch/DietPi-Stretch/Bionic-LXDE