Uninstall plex server Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
achelito

Uninstall plex server

Post by achelito »

I ran diet-software and i select uninstall, then plex server, and the process ends fine but plex services still there and the web is accesible by localhost:32400/web. how could i delete it.

regards
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Uninstall plex server

Post by Fourdee »

achelito wrote:I ran diet-software and i select uninstall, then plex server, and the process ends fine but plex services still there and the web is accesible by localhost:32400/web. how could i delete it.

regards
Hi,

Thanks for report.

During software uninstalls, the processes/services are terminated/stopped before uninstall process occurs.

May be a freak instance where the PMS service failed to stop, causing the process to continue running.

Firstly, reboot the system to see if the PMS processes are still running, if they are, try the following:

Code: Select all

systemctl stop plexmediaserver
apt-get purge plexmediaserver -y
If problems persist, please send us a DietPi-Bug report. This will contain installed packages and system info we can use to debug:
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=499#p2184
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
testbug

Re: Uninstall plex server

Post by testbug »

I just registered to mention that "apt-get purge plexmediaserver-installer" solved this issue for me.