Backup from OrangePI to Pine64 Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
achelito

Backup from OrangePI to Pine64

Post by achelito »

Hello,

Now I have an OrangePi Lite with Dietpi and everything works fine, but I want to transfer all my configuration to a Pine64. All my user data is on a external HDD. I did two different backup/restore procedures:

1. Create a backup (system only) of my OrangePI (dietpi 151), fresh install dietpi 151 on mi Pine64. Then I restored the backup on the Pine64, and the Pine didn`t boot.

2. Create a backup (system only) of my OrangePI (dietpi 151), fresh install dietpi 151 on mi Pine64, then I copied the boot files and folders of my Pine64. Then I restored the backup on the Pine64, change the boot folders with the ones that I copied. Now the Pine64 runs but dietpi-config says that it is a OrangePi board and the wifi doesn`t work for example.

So, waht is the correct prodedure to change from one board to another, I don`t want to configure all again: noip, samba, certbot, IP configuration, lamp...

regards
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Backup from OrangePI to Pine64

Post by Fourdee »

achelito wrote:So, waht is the correct prodedure to change from one board to another,
Fresh installation, using the correct DietPi image for the device.

DietPi backup does a full system backup including kernel/modules/uboot. So during the restore, your effectively putting the OPi SD card into the Pine, it will not boot.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
achelito

Post by achelito »

Yes I did that with the second precedure it runs, but some configuration is missing, os, do I need to copy the uboot folder from a fresh install and them restore to the pine64?

Regards
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

achelito wrote:Yes I did that with the second precedure it runs, but some configuration is missing, os, do I need to copy the uboot folder from a fresh install and them restore to the pine64?

Regards
Fresh install, the CPU arch's are completely different. Installed software wont function.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
achelito

Post by achelito »

Thanks a lot, this software is amazing. So do I have any option to copy the configuration of: certbot, samba, vnc, noip from one device to the other?

Based on your experience, pine64 2gb ram will give me better performace than orangepi lite for nextcloud or owncloud?