Problems with Couchpotato

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Gravesy

Problems with Couchpotato

Post by Gravesy »

Putting this here because i'm not sure where else to post, as it isn't a suggestion, but also not a problem with the DietPi installs of the software...

It seems that development on Couchpotato has ceased as of recently, as the bugreport part of their Github has mysteriously vanished, support on their forums is currently just about non-existant, and CP is unfortunately throwing more and more errors (this goes for CP installs across all operating systems) when searching for movies and/or updating the local movie database...

Not sure what is going on with that project, but it might be a good idea to keep an eye on things, since it wouldn't make sense to keep a non-functional application in the install list.
'I don't believe in fate or destiny.
I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment.
However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.'
-Henry Rollins
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Couchpotato

Post by Fourdee »

Hi,

Many thanks for the heads up.

I'll keep an eye on it. If we get an influx of bug reports for this software, that are out of our control (EG: CP cause, nothing we can do to resolve), we'll consider this software for removal in DietPi-Software.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.