[suggestion] About Software Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
dogdayfear

Re: [suggestion] About Software

Post by dogdayfear »

Thanks for the report, i'll take a look. You still using Wheezy RPIv2?
Yes, Wheezy RPIv2 and DietPi updated from v94 to v101.

I will build tonight and create packages. After that will test packages in a clean install to see if that works.
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

.deb package created, but wondering if it will work.

My current system with DietPi works too much well to destroy it. Perhaps will create a disk image to restore it and go for a new clean install of DietPi to test the created kodi, but not this week.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

dogdayfear wrote:.deb package created, but wondering if it will work.

My current system with DietPi works too much well to destroy it. Perhaps will create a disk image to restore it and go for a new clean install of DietPi to test the created kodi, but not this week.
You can use dietpi-backup to create a system backup. This will create a "restore point" (similar to windows restore) that will roll your system to the previous backup state.

I use it all the time for testing. I install what I need, then, backup my system. I can now install/test any program or setup I need, then run dietpi-backup and restore to return it back to its original state.

Code: Select all

dietpi-backup
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

A new Sd card has made the trick.

And as I expected kodi .deb package I have generated does not work. Lots of dependencies broken and missing libraries. :(

I have seen people that has compiled kodi and they provide a .tar.gz file for other people. So you extract files and ./install to install kodi. That is what I want to get, but no idea wich files to include in that .tar.gz file after I build with make and make install.

With two sdcards now I can try to build kodi for DietPi, but need to know how can I create the final installation file for other people or even for me.
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

Ok, Ive got it.

Kodi 15.2 with remote control CEC working in Wheezy.

I have built it from source for DietPi and created .deb files and install script.

If you are interested about this, just let me know and I will send you the files.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

dogdayfear wrote:Ok, Ive got it.

Kodi 15.2 with remote control CEC working in Wheezy.

I have built it from source for DietPi and created .deb files and install script.

If you are interested about this, just let me know and I will send you the files.
Brilliant, please, i'd like to give it a spin to see if its better than the current installation (which i believe is 14.x).
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

Fourdee wrote: Brilliant, please, i'd like to give it a spin to see if its better than the current installation (which i believe is 14.x).

Of course. Let me know the way you prefer me to send you the .tar.gz file containing all files. Of course you can check all files if you want and install script. I suppouse you can improve the install script, because mine is so basic, but I would like to know about your changes to learn.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

dogdayfear wrote:
Fourdee wrote: Brilliant, please, i'd like to give it a spin to see if its better than the current installation (which i believe is 14.x).

Of course. Let me know the way you prefer me to send you the .tar.gz file containing all files. Of course you can check all files if you want and install script. I suppouse you can improve the install script, because mine is so basic, but I would like to know about your changes to learn.
Yep by all means, send everything over and i'll take a look. Not sure if you can email (daniel_haze@hotmail.com) it due to size, would you be able to upload to megaupload/dropbox or something similar?

If I can improve the script, i'll let you know what I changed and why.
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

Well I think I now really have it:

Its courious: I was going to test it again over a clean DietPi install a few minutes ago and then I saw that v94 does not updates itself because v102 is available for download so I have been able to do two more tests.

Some info:

- Kodi 15.2 (latest stable) with CEC support built from source over DietPi Wheezy.
- Tested over clean installs v94, v101 and v102.
- No software added before installing with the ./install script.
- No configs touched except memory splits, set to Game, cause needed by Kodi to run.
- Works perfectly out of the box.

If you want to give it a try let me know.

Thanks.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

dogdayfear wrote:If you want to give it a try let me know.

Thanks.
Yep by all means, send it over and I'll take a look.
I havn't had the time to test the previous one you sent yet. Is this a new package or the same one you sent me?