Using as a web server for test?

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
crik91

Using as a web server for test?

Post by crik91 »

Hi, I bought a Raspberry Pi 3 model B because I would to use for different use.
At the moment I'm using Transmission and MOV through NGINX, all run via LEMP web server.

I need to use as a web server because I need a place available from anywhere to develop a website. In this case, I need to install a CMS(so webspace and MySQL db). What I need to do?

Tried to install phpMyAdmin but I get 404 error and I don't know where is the web root.

Thank you.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Using as a web server for test?

Post by Fourdee »

crik91 wrote:Hi, I bought a Raspberry Pi 3 model B because I would to use for different use.
At the moment I'm using Transmission and MOV through NGINX, all run via LEMP web server.

I need to use as a web server because I need a place available from anywhere to develop a website. In this case, I need to install a CMS(so webspace and MySQL db). What I need to do?

Tried to install phpMyAdmin but I get 404 error and I don't know where is the web root.

Thank you.
Hi,

Web root/path is:

Code: Select all

/var/www
So for your test site, you could make a folder called:

/var/www/mywebsite
Then access with:
http://ip/mywebsite

Once PhpMyAdmin is installed, it should be accessable via:
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f ... art=10#p54
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
crik91

Post by crik91 »

Yes, tried it few times but I got an error like connection timed out. Also trying to connect to phpMyAdmin. Nothing appear! Also cannot see anything in /var/www, like phpinfo.php

Thank you.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

crik91 wrote:Yes, tried it few times but I got an error like connection timed out. Also trying to connect to phpMyAdmin. Nothing appear! Also cannot see anything in /var/www, like phpinfo.php

Thank you.
Strange,

Is LEMP installed in dietpi-software?

If you can send me a bug report, i'll take a look:
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=499#p2184
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
crik91

Post by crik91 »

Fourdee wrote:
crik91 wrote:Yes, tried it few times but I got an error like connection timed out. Also trying to connect to phpMyAdmin. Nothing appear! Also cannot see anything in /var/www, like phpinfo.php

Thank you.
Strange,

Is LEMP installed in dietpi-software?

If you can send me a bug report, i'll take a look:
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=499#p2184
Yes, it was. However, I made a clean install of DietPi, OMV is no more available in dietpi-software so it seems to all is working properly. Is it possible to point //ip/mywebsite to a "mywebsite" folder located in an external USB HDD?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

crik91 wrote:Is it possible to point //ip/mywebsite to a "mywebsite" folder located in an external USB HDD?
Yep, you can symlink /var/www/mywebsite to /mnt/UUID_OF_USBDRIVE/mywebsite

eg:

ln -sf /mnt/UUID_OF_USBDRIVE/mywebsite /var/www/mywebsite
Set permissions:

chown -R www-data:www-data /mnt/UUID_OF_USBDRIVE/mywebsite
crik91

Post by crik91 »

Thank you very much!
Last problem: I can't access to phpMyAdmin via DDNS. I have No-Ip and I can access via SSH when I'm outside. I can see index.php page, I set up my router to forward port 80(DietPi) to port 8080. So, if I type mydns.ddns.net:8080/index.php (or other files in /var/www) I can see everything but I can't access to mydns.ddns.net:8080/phpmyadmin :oops:

You sure about that? I can see files in /var/www but not in my hdd.