Disable the DietPI Summary Banner when logging in?

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
kmp14

Disable the DietPI Summary Banner when logging in?

Post by kmp14 »

Is there a way to disable the banner that is displayed when logging in? I am talking about in the shell logon, the banner that has the green lines and displays the IP address etc. The reason is that I use an automation tool called EventGhost which has a plugin to do SSH, but this plugin does not seem to like that banner and it causes that SSH plugin to fail to connect. I have considered cracking open the plugin source code, but if there is a simple way to disable the banner in DietPi that would be the quicker solution. Thanks!!
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Disable the DietPI Summary Banner when logging in?

Post by Fourdee »

kmp14 wrote:Is there a way to disable the banner that is displayed when logging in? I am talking about in the shell logon, the banner that has the green lines and displays the IP address etc. The reason is that I use an automation tool called EventGhost which has a plugin to do SSH, but this plugin does not seem to like that banner and it causes that SSH plugin to fail to connect. I have considered cracking open the plugin source code, but if there is a simple way to disable the banner in DietPi that would be the quicker solution. Thanks!!
Hi

You can remove the banner display script with the following command:

Code: Select all

rm /DietPi/dietpi/dietpi-banner
Bear in mind, updates to DietPi will replace/renew that script.

You may receive errors (file not found), they can safely be ignored as this script is a display script only (not system critical).
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
NJS

Post by NJS »

This does not seem to work for me... The banner script just comes back after I delete it. :(
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

NJS wrote:This does not seem to work for me... The banner script just comes back after I delete it. :(
Did you stop and restart the sshd service? Or reboot?
NJS

Post by NJS »

I rebooted (that's what I'm trying to do eliminate the clutter at boot)