aria2 webinterface not working

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Post Reply
molnart
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:56 am

aria2 webinterface not working

Post by molnart »

Hi the aria2 webui cannot connect to the aria2 server, I am constantly getting the error
Could not connect to the aria2 RPC server. Will retry in 10 secs. You might want to check the connection settings by going to Settings > Connection Settings
I have tried to change the ports in connection settings, adding the secret token, but no avail. I was not able to figure out where the configurations for the aria2 service are stored. Any hints on this?

Thanks
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: aria2 webinterface not working

Post by Fourdee »

molnart wrote:Hi the aria2 webui cannot connect to the aria2 server, I am constantly getting the error
Could not connect to the aria2 RPC server. Will retry in 10 secs. You might want to check the connection settings by going to Settings > Connection Settings
I have tried to change the ports in connection settings, adding the secret token, but no avail. I was not able to figure out where the configurations for the aria2 service are stored. Any hints on this?

Thanks
Hi, thanks for the report.

Which device? I'll try to replicate.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
molnart
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:56 am

Re: aria2 webinterface not working

Post by molnart »

RPi3. But if you point me to the location of the service config I may fix it myself
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: aria2 webinterface not working

Post by Fourdee »

molnart wrote:RPi3. But if you point me to the location of the service config I may fix it myself
Please see online doc to enter RPC password/key, this will resolve the issue:
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f ... t=90#p6177

Untitled.png
Service

Code: Select all

systemctl status aria2.service -l
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
molnart
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:56 am

Re: aria2 webinterface not working

Post by molnart »

of course I have followed the docs and entered the security token. I am not having an authentication error (like on your screenshot) a but a connection error.
aria2.png
aria2_settings.png

Code: Select all

● aria2.service - DietPi Aria2
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/aria2.service; enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sun 2017-04-16 14:11:25 CEST; 5s ago
 Main PID: 17105 (aria2c)
   CGroup: /system.slice/aria2.service
           └─17105 /usr/local/bin/aria2c --enable-rpc --rpc-listen-port=6800 --rpc-secret=****** --dir=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/downloads

Apr 16 14:11:25 DietPi systemd[1]: Started DietPi Aria2.
Apr 16 14:11:25 DietPi aria2c[17105]: 04/16 14:11:25 [NOTICE] IPv4 RPC: listening on TCP port 6800
Apr 16 14:11:25 DietPi aria2c[17105]: 04/16 14:11:25 [NOTICE] IPv6 RPC: listening on TCP port 6800
I suspect this may be a conflict with other DietPi software installed (nextcloud, transmission, rpimonitor)
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: aria2 webinterface not working

Post by Fourdee »

molnart wrote: I suspect this may be a conflict with other DietPi software installed (nextcloud, transmission, rpimonitor)
Possibly, although looks like the binary is running fine.
Any chance you could send me a bug report? This will contain a list of installed software that we can try to replicate/debug.
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=499#p2184

Also, is there any manual software installs on system (eg: apt-get install xxxx)? And/or manual configuration changes outside DietPi scripts (eg: I added something to /etc/lighttpd.conf)
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
molnart
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:56 am

Re: aria2 webinterface not working

Post by molnart »

bug report uploaded under 9f61617d-0064-478a-a776-9f7769575e24-0

i don't think i have installed anything manually besides midnight commander.
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: aria2 webinterface not working

Post by Fourdee »

molnart wrote:bug report uploaded under 9f61617d-0064-478a-a776-9f7769575e24-0

i don't think i have installed anything manually besides midnight commander.
Thanks,
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Post Reply