how to autoshutdown after closing a program (vice emulator) Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
pilizard

Re: how to autoshutdown after closing a program (vice emulat

Post by pilizard »

If it bugs you that much, you can disable the /dev/sda1 mount in /etc/fstab
Naw- I just thought (incorrectly) that is why it was hanging and freezing up when trying to autologin.

OK- so, I removed the little autologin file we created earlier in this thread (/etc/systemd/system/getty@tty1.service.d/autologin.conf), and used the kodi autologin.

I didn't see an error- but maybe it just scrolled by without my notice.

I'd say my problem is solved and everything works great!

Quick recap for anyone interested in doing this with some other app-

Use the diet-pi config autologin option to select kodi

Then do modify is /root/.bashrc.

After /DietPi/dietpi/login (at the end), add the following:

/opt/retropie/emulators/vice/bin/x64 (Or whatever program you want to autorun when the machine turns on)
poweroff

THANKS SO MUCH!

Watching it turn on and boot straight into the emulation is like so much magic to me! It's so cool now that it is working!

i REALLY appreciate your taking your time helping me!

With dietpi I can have the emulation and all the games, etc for the c64 I can find and still have lots of room left over on a 2gb microsd card.

So cool!

Now I've got to do this with the amiga emulation and figure out the rest of my wishlists like boot splash screens.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: how to autoshutdown after closing a program (vice emulat

Post by Fourdee »

pilizard wrote: With dietpi I can have the emulation and all the games, etc for the c64 I can find and still have lots of room left over on a 2gb microsd card.

So cool!

Now I've got to do this with the amiga emulation and figure out the rest of my wishlists like boot splash screens.
No worries, have fun :)
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.