ownCloud External Storage Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
equusgrevyi

ownCloud External Storage

Post by equusgrevyi »

Hi!

I am trying to set up external storage with ownCloud however, I get "You don't have permission to upload or create files here" when I try to do anything with it. I have tried setting chmod -R 777 on the parent folder and followed the install guide on the forums for ownCloud but I'm really at a loss. I'd quite like to replace the Samba share with something a little snazzier!

Thanks in advance.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: ownCloud External Storage

Post by Fourdee »

equusgrevyi wrote:Hi!

I am trying to set up external storage with ownCloud however, I get "You don't have permission to upload or create files here" when I try to do anything with it. I have tried setting chmod -R 777 on the parent folder and followed the install guide on the forums for ownCloud but I'm really at a loss. I'd quite like to replace the Samba share with something a little snazzier!

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

If the USB drive contains your DietPi user data (http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=478#p2087), permissions would of been applied during the file transfer. If not, try applying the permissions again with:

Code: Select all

/DietPi/dietpi/dietpi-software setpermissions
The above will only apply permissions to the DietPi user data location and /var/www, so if you have manually changed the Owncloud data location (eg: not using DietPi tools to move user data), you'll need to manually set permissions:

Code: Select all

chown -R www-data:www-data /path/to/owncloud/data
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
equusgrevyi

Re: ownCloud External Storage

Post by equusgrevyi »

Cheers Fourdee, changing ownership seems to have worked!