User data path

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
jram

User data path

Post by jram »

I had a great install of DietPi working and had configured my userdata to be stored on usb_1. However, I had an 'event' that resulted in corruption of my SD card and had to start again. When configuring the path to the same usb stick - it no is identified by a very long number with the result that all the paths I had set up for cron jobs etc need to be changed. Is there any way of identifying that USB stick as it was originally? Thx
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: User data path

Post by Fourdee »

jram wrote:I had a great install of DietPi working and had configured my userdata to be stored on usb_1. However, I had an 'event' that resulted in corruption of my SD card and had to start again. When configuring the path to the same usb stick - it no is identified by a very long number with the result that all the paths I had set up for cron jobs etc need to be changed. Is there any way of identifying that USB stick as it was originally? Thx
Yep, you can symlink the old mount location to the new one:

Code: Select all

ln -sf /mnt/NEW_UUID /mnt/PREVIOUS_UUID
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
jram

Re: User data path

Post by jram »

Brilliant :) Thx