SickRage disk activity

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Mez882

SickRage disk activity

Post by Mez882 »

Hi !
I have installed and am using SickRage since a while now and it's working perfectly.
I just have one small issue: I have an external USB drive connected to my Odroid C2 and when SickRage is running, the drive never seems to put to sleep. If I stop SickRage, the drive goes to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity.
I think I have gone through all the settings of SickRage: I made sure to set the search and autoprocessing schedule to 240 minutes, so there must be something else keeping the external disk activity alive.

Any of you have suggestions?

Oh and second question: should I perform the sickrage updates through sickrage or doing so will break any dietpi optimisations?

Cheers!
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: SickRage disk activity

Post by Fourdee »

Mez882 wrote:Oh and second question: should I perform the sickrage updates through sickrage or doing so will break any dietpi optimisations?
Untested, and, not sure how their update system works. You'd need to give it a try.

Make sure you backup your system before hand, just in case:

Code: Select all

dietpi-backup
I just have one small issue: I have an external USB drive connected to my Odroid C2 and when SickRage is running, the drive never seems to put to sleep. If I stop SickRage, the drive goes to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity.
Sounds like sickrage keeps active file handles open on its data dir.

Check the sickrage logs in web interface, look for time stamps and any file operations in the data directory.

Try debugging with lsof to view list of active open files:
apt-get install lsof
lsof
Using the above, you should be able to pin-point open (and most likely active) files used by sickrage.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Gabba

Post by Gabba »

Mez882, did you ever resolve this?
Mez882

Post by Mez882 »

Hey, sorry I didn't follow up on that.
I didn't dig in deeper as my knowledge in linux is very limited.