Cloud Print Server

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
Sciamano

Cloud Print Server

Post by Sciamano »

I was wondering if this tutorial would work on DietPi too (and other boards in addition to the RPi):

https://davesteele.github.io/raspberryp ... loudprint/

I don't have enough free time to try right now, but if it works it could be a useful addition to DietPi.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Cloud Print Server

Post by Fourdee »

Looks interesting, good find, would be a great addition.

I'd love to have a stab at this, but lack a printer :( so unable to test it my end.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

That's not a big problem. If you manage to set it up I can easily test it on my printer(s).
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Sciamano wrote:That's not a big problem. If you manage to set it up I can easily test it on my printer(s).
Excellent, got yourself a deal, i'll take a look :):
https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/855
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

Perfect! :mrgreen:
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Sciamano wrote:Perfect! :mrgreen:
Ok, ready for testing when you can:
https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issue ... -291524172
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

It works on my side! Great!
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Sciamano wrote:It works on my side! Great!
Excellent, thanks for doing the test.

Full credit to Dave Steele making this installation possible with his maintained repo.

Did you have to do anything else, not included in Step 2, to setup the printer? (eg: so I can ensure our online doc is correct)
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

I followed the instructions (just omitted the 'sudo') and it worked. No additional steps necessary.
I have even tried printing from my android phone, but the fun part is that the official Google Cloud Print app doesn't detect the printers. Other third-party applications work perfectly, though. :mrgreen:
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Sciamano wrote:I followed the instructions (just omitted the 'sudo') and it worked. No additional steps necessary.
I have even tried printing from my android phone, but the fun part is that the official Google Cloud Print app doesn't detect the printers. Other third-party applications work perfectly, though. :mrgreen:
Excellent, thanks.

I really need to invest in a printer lol. Ink costs, dry up if not used, put me off.