Support for Azure

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
dietpiOK

Support for Azure

Post by dietpiOK »

Hi,

I want to use the Python Azure SDK on my dietpi-raspi.
Unfortunately the installation via pip install --pre azure like mentioned in https://azure.microsoft.com/de-de/develop/python/ fails with the following error:

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fPIC -DUSE__THREAD -DHAVE_SYNC_SYNCHRONIZE -I/usr/include/ffi -I/usr/include/libffi -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c c/_cffi_backend.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7/c/_cffi_backend.o
c/_cffi_backend.c:15:17: fatal error: ffi.h: No such file or directory
#include <ffi.h>
^
compilation terminated.
error: command 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
Command "/usr/bin/python -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-lDPMUg/cffi/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-9S9Z7y-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-lDPMUg/cffi/

Any chance to get this working?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Support for Azure

Post by Fourdee »

dietpiOK wrote:fatal error: ffi.h: No such file or directory
Hi,

Looks like a missing dev package is needed. Try installing both dev and binary packages:

Code: Select all

apt-get install libffi libffi-dev
Then re-run the pip installer.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.