(v99) hardware centric config

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
egbert

Re: (v99) hardware centric config

Post by egbert »

OK. After a reinstall (still v94) and automatic update to v99 all seems ok. No output to ttyAMA0. I had to login via ssh. Should be easy to get ttyAMA0 spit out the same output as ttyX on HDMI. The i2c bus is satisfied; i2cdetect gives the expected output. Selecting a few packages brings in a lot of other packages. All dependencies I think. I think I saw a lot of X. Don't want that... As said I would like to have a headless device with console output and without X.
Still good to see al works as advertized. TNX, Egbert Jan
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

egbert wrote:No output to ttyAMA0.
Hi Egbert,

Try adding the following to /boot/cmdline.txt:

Code: Select all

console=ttyAMA0,115200
If your running Wheezy, edit /etc/inittab and uncomment the RPI serial line at the bottom.

I think I saw a lot of X.
Shouldnt do, this is the packages that get installed with i2c: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/blob/ ... ontrol#L36. This gives me
file i2c-tools libmagic1 libpython-stdlib libpython2.7-minimal
libpython2.7-stdlib libsqlite3-0 mime-support python python-minimal
python-smbus python2.7 python2.7-minimal
Can you post the links for the i2c device you have, and, the serial line connector? I really need to get this hardware so I can test and provide a better implementation.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
egbert

Post by egbert »

Sorry for not replying earlier. The BBnotifier seems not to work. I use many 12c devices. It is is just a handy bus. Nearly all the time I use at least a 2x16 or 4x20 LCD display. The interface hardware is a PCF8574. For the console I use a USB <-> serial cable bought from DX.COM. Any USB-Serial cable will do, I guess. The cable I use has 4 wires: in/out, gnd and 5V. Since I feed the RPi via the mini-USB port, I leave the +5 from the USB cable unconnected. The active part is in the USB end of the cable and is powered by the PC/laptop. On the PC i use PuTTY as terminal program.
Best regards, Egbert Jan