LMS/Squeezelite on OPi Zero with daughter board - Problems

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: LMS/Squeezelite on OPi Zero with daughter board - Proble

Post by Fourdee »

Sciamano wrote:EDIT: this is ridiculous... I went to alsamixer, and noticed that there were some options set to "MM" (mute). I've tried unmuting them, and now I get sound from the daughterboard. The extremely funny thing it that I've tried muting all the same options again, and sound keeps coming even with those muted. So I really don't know what the hell happened, but now it seems to work... :o
Even Mopidy works now. Beats me.
Hehe, sorry, I shouldnt laugh but, "the joys of Linux" :D

So its possible ARMbian have changed/patched the audio driver after 5.25>, maybe its unstable and more problematic than 5.25. Although, would need to confirm with ARMbian, but if you get Thomas, its like trying hit your head against a brick wall ;).
Could you please check if those are muted on your installation, too?
Yep, no worries:
Untitled.png
Although, when muted, the amixer values do show muted (bool on), but wasn't on yours, strange:

Code: Select all

numid=10,iface=MIXER,name='Audio adda drc'
  ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1
  : values=on
numid=11,iface=MIXER,name='Audio adda loop'
numid=8,iface=MIXER,name='Audio linein in'
numid=9,iface=MIXER,name='Audio lineout'
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

I really have no clue about what happened...
My guess would be that by changing to the usb sound card and back, some kind of magic happened (like a configuration file that got overwritten) making everything work.
BTW, I have also upgraded DietPi to v146 (still not available for the OrangePi PC, though...). What changed?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Sciamano wrote: BTW, I have also upgraded DietPi to v146 (still not available for the OrangePi PC, though...). What changed?
Updates are available for all devices at the same time. DietPi installs only check for update notifications during boot and once a day, try checking manually for update with:

Code: Select all

dietpi-update
Changelog for v146:
https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/blob/ ... txt#L1-L19
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

I guess the update was not responsible for the solution of the sound problem, then.
Thanks for the link to the changelog! I used to wait for the "version history" section of the forum to be updated, but this is way faster :)