DietPi for Sparky (Allo) Topic is solved

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
inaki.blanco

DietPi for Sparky (Allo)

Post by inaki.blanco »

Hi,

I've seen that support for Sparky is beta, with disabled GPU features. I guess this means all desktop environments, and Kodi are not available... Kodi is not even enabled as an installable software option.

Do you guys have plans to add complete support for this SBC in the near future?... Kodi, at least?

Thanks!
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: DietPi for Sparky (Allo)

Post by Fourdee »

inaki.blanco wrote:Do you guys have plans to add complete support for this SBC in the near future?... Kodi, at least?
Hi,

As this is a completely new SBC to market with its focus on high-end audio usage, we decided to put GPU implementation on hold for now.

If we get more requests/interest for GPU support on Sparky, i'll get it added in. Its mostly a time thing, not enough to go around :(
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
inaki.blanco

Re: DietPi for Sparky (Allo)

Post by inaki.blanco »

It'd be great if you guys had the time... desktop environment works out of the box with their VANA player image, so I guess support on DietPi shouldn't be a huge issue, but of course, you know best.

Thanks for the great job are doing!