oDroid C1+ update kernel

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Post Reply
Kymru
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:40 pm

oDroid C1+ update kernel

Post by Kymru »

i am running an Odroid C1+ with DietPi 143

i am trying to get tvheadend backend working, but no adapter is being found, i read there is native support for PCTV 461e from kernel 3.14 and up, the current C1+ kernel in dietpi is 3.4

so can i update the kernel in dietpi? if so, how? is it an easy process?

thanks
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: oDroid C1+ update kernel

Post by Fourdee »

Kymru wrote:i am running an Odroid C1+ with DietPi 143

i am trying to get tvheadend backend working, but no adapter is being found, i read there is native support for PCTV 461e from kernel 3.14 and up, the current C1+ kernel in dietpi is 3.4

so can i update the kernel in dietpi? if so, how? is it an easy process?

thanks
Kernel updates are provided in apt-get upgrade, via Meveric's repo.

If you have 3.4 installed, this would be newer than 3.14, and therefore, should include native support that was made available in 3.14.

Unfortunately, i have no experience with tvheadend backend devices. I'am unable to assist you with this at this time.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Kymru
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: oDroid C1+ update kernel

Post by Kymru »

Fourdee wrote: Kernel updates are provided in apt-get upgrade, via Meveric's repo.
ok ill look into that, hopefully with some success
Fourdee wrote:If you have 3.4 installed, this would be newer than 3.14, and therefore, should include native support that was made available in 3.14.
3.4 was released 2012 and 3.14 was 2014

addition
sorry, C1+ is using 3.10.104, my OrangePi Plus is using 3.4.113
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: oDroid C1+ update kernel

Post by Fourdee »

Fourdee wrote:If you have 3.4 installed, this would be newer than 3.14
Cant believe I wrote that, couldn't be more wrong, apologies.

It looks like the current Odroid C1 kernel, as provided by HardKernel (which is what Meveric, and therefore DietPi uses), is 3.10:
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/tree/odroidc-3.10.y

Although not helpful, the Odroid C2 is 3.14:
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/tre ... dc2-3.14.y

I very much doubt HK will invest in upgrading the C1 kernel (you'd need to ask). Possibly the C2/XU4.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Post Reply