RPI2 - No space left on device

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
francescoG

Re: RPI2 - No space left on device

Post by francescoG »

I may have figured out why of no space left on device.
I reinstalled dietpi.
Using 'df' command, I have observed that the space filling is caused by:
- Kodi: Without Kodi the used space is about 7%. Kodi needs about 8% of /dev/root space to store updated basic ADD ONs. I have about 1 TB of files stored in my USB drive. Before updating the kodi information of these files, /dev/root used space was 15%. After the used space increased to 90%.
- BitTorrent: Although the files are correctly written in the download folder of USB drive, some bytes are also written in the /dev/root which causes a very slow space filling (200/300 bytes/GB at a time increases during download).

Have you never seen such a thing?
Could a solution be to configure kodi (more important) and bitTorrent (lees important) to store their information in the USB drive rather than in SD?
Do you think it's possible? And how to?

P.S.: I put rootdelay=50
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: RPI2 - No space left on device

Post by Fourdee »

francescoG wrote: - BitTorrent: Although the files are correctly written in the download folder of USB drive, some bytes are also written in the /dev/root which causes a very slow space filling (200/300 bytes/GB at a time increases during download).
Can you give me more insight into your findings?
Transmission stores everything in memory cache (RAM), once full, or completed, it then writes/reads directly to user data location (eg: USB drive):

Code: Select all

/mnt/dietpi_userdata/downloads
- Kodi: Without Kodi the used space is about 7%. Kodi needs about 8% of /dev/root space to store updated basic ADD ONs. I have about 1 TB of files stored in my USB drive. Before updating the kodi information of these files, /dev/root used space was 15%. After the used space increased to 90%.
Must be database + metadata.

Lets check its size with:

Code: Select all

du -hcs /root/.kodi
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.