Best Use of MicroSD with Emmc Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
odreezy

Best Use of MicroSD with Emmc

Post by odreezy »

I have DietPI installed on my emmc + Odroid, but I also have a 64gb microsd card. What would be the recommended use or mount point for the microsd card so that I can maximize it's use?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Best Use of MicroSD with Emmc

Post by Fourdee »

odreezy wrote:I have DietPI installed on my emmc + Odroid, but I also have a 64gb microsd card. What would be the recommended use or mount point for the microsd card so that I can maximize it's use?
USB microSD reader, then setup a USB drive in dietpi-drive_manager and move your DietPi user data to that location.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
odreezy

Post by odreezy »

I don't follow. I have an Odroid C2 which has a built in micro sd card reader. I have my sd card plugged into this. I do not have a USB drive. Are you proposing that I find where the sd card is mounted and use the drive manager to point to that location?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

odreezy wrote:I don't follow. I have an Odroid C2 which has a built in micro sd card reader. I have my sd card plugged into this. I do not have a USB drive. Are you proposing that I find where the sd card is mounted and use the drive manager to point to that location?
I have DietPI installed on my emmc + Odroid, but I also have a 64gb microsd card.
EMMC & SD card can not be used at the same time on the Odroid C2. If you wanted to utilize the microSD card, you'd need a USB microSD card reader and plug it into C2.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
odreezy

Post by odreezy »

Fourdee wrote:
odreezy wrote:I don't follow. I have an Odroid C2 which has a built in micro sd card reader. I have my sd card plugged into this. I do not have a USB drive. Are you proposing that I find where the sd card is mounted and use the drive manager to point to that location?
I have DietPI installed on my emmc + Odroid, but I also have a 64gb microsd card.
EMMC & SD card can not be used at the same time on the Odroid C2. If you wanted to utilize the microSD card, you'd need a USB microSD card reader and plug it into C2.
Wat! :o I had no idea. Is this a limitation of the hardware itself or the software side?

What about this post:
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5054
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

odreezy wrote: Wat! :o I had no idea. Is this a limitation of the hardware itself or the software side?

What about this post:
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5054
Well blow me, turns out i'am wrong lol. "Learn something every day" :D

Code: Select all

root@DietPi:~# blkid
/dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID="d3630000" PTTYPE="dos"
/dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="boot" UUID="0966-01D4" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="d3630000-01"
/dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="rootfs" UUID="e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="d3630000-02"

root@DietPi:~# blkid
/dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="boot" UUID="0966-01D4" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="d3630000-01"
/dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="rootfs" UUID="e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="d3630000-02"
/dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID="d3630000" PTTYPE="dos"
/dev/mmcblk1: PTUUID="ee614650" PTTYPE="dos"
/dev/mmcblk1p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="boot" UUID="1623-A8B8" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="ee614650-01"
/dev/mmcblk1p2: UUID="c352383b-22f5-437e-a30a-74198bd98a55" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="ee614650-02"
Ok, i'll need to add support for this in dietpi-drive_manager.
https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/751

Once thats done, you can move your user data to that location, utilizing the large storage of your SD card.
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=478#p2087
odreezy

Post by odreezy »

What can I say, other than ...

Yay! :lol: