Dietpi Update 140->141 on Nanopi NEO

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
msperl

Dietpi Update 140->141 on Nanopi NEO

Post by msperl »

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded my Neo from Version 140 to 141, all seemed to be fine but after the reboot the Kernel version stayed 3.4.112. Is this normal behaviour?
Got many services installed on it (Postfix, Dovecot, Amavis, clamav, roundcube, ispconfig3). I haven't got any stability issues on 3.4 but will other applications/further updates encounter problems?

Thanks!
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Dietpi Update 140->141 on Nanopi NEO

Post by Fourdee »

msperl wrote:Hi everyone,

I just upgraded my Neo from Version 140 to 141, all seemed to be fine but after the reboot the Kernel version stayed 3.4.112. Is this normal behaviour?
Got many services installed on it (Postfix, Dovecot, Amavis, clamav, roundcube, ispconfig3). I haven't got any stability issues on 3.4 but will other applications/further updates encounter problems?

Thanks!
Upgrading is not possible on your existing installation, you'll need the new image from our downloads section. 4.9 fixes issues with USB Wifi and i2c:
http://dietpi.com/#download

If your happy with 3.4 and your current installation, stick with it :)
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Gord_W

Post by Gord_W »

The image the I downloaded yesterday (Jan 4th) when extracted said DietPi_v140_NanoPiNEO-armv7-(Jessie). Not V141
When installed the welcome screen for SSH says V141. The kernal is 4.9 so I guess this is a labelling problem.

It would be nice if you could include the version number in the download name as well as the extracted file. I've downloaded what I thought was a new version only to find that it was the same version I already had once I extracted it.

Gordon Williams
msperl

Post by msperl »

Ok, thank you!
Will stick with 3.4. No need for I2C in my config. If it will be supported further, no need for 4.9 :mrgreen:
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Gord_W wrote:The image the I downloaded yesterday (Jan 4th) when extracted said DietPi_v140_NanoPiNEO-armv7-(Jessie). Not V141
When installed the welcome screen for SSH says V141. The kernal is 4.9 so I guess this is a labelling problem.

Gordon Williams
Hi Gordon,

Yep, all DietPi images self update during 1st run. So even if its a v131 image, its always the latest DietPi version once setup is completed. The only exception in this case is the NanoPi Neo requires a different (the latest) image for 4.9 kernel.
It would be nice if you could include the version number in the download name as well as the extracted file. I've downloaded what I thought was a new version only to find that it was the same version I already had once I extracted it.
Good idea, i'll make a post with current image and kernel versions:
https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/697
Will stick with 3.4. No need for I2C in my config. If it will be supported further, no need for 4.9 :mrgreen:
Yep, as the saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" :)
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.