DIETPI Orange Pi Zero losing WIFI driver?

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
scargill

DIETPI Orange Pi Zero losing WIFI driver?

Post by scargill »

Latest software. After booting up using hardware ethernet I enabled WIFI - it found my router. I put in password. Rebooted. Could not connect via WIFI so I rebooted again using Ethernet. According to DietPi-Config - WIFI - not found/enabled/disconnected. Attempting to change WIFI settings "No supported WiFi hardware was found".

Something very wrong there.
scargill

Re: DIETPI Orange Pi Zero losing WIFI driver?

Post by scargill »

Tried again - set the WIFI up - saved, rebooted - again not found - it is not retaining the WIFI settings.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

scargill wrote:Tried again - set the WIFI up - saved, rebooted - again not found - it is not retaining the WIFI settings.
Hi Pete,

There is a known issue with the xradio_wlan driver used on this board failling to start during boot. There is a fix for this, please see below link and copy paste/all:
https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issue ... -266006050

After applying, reboot system, then setup WiFi again in dietpi-config. This should resolve the issue, if not, please let me know.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

I don't know about the OP, but it worked for me! (yes, my Zero has finally arrived... 3 months after the order!)
ale32thebest

Post by ale32thebest »

i have an orange pi zero that i previously used with DietPi, i just cleaned the sd card and installed DietPi again (that automatically updated to 6.13) but only ethernet is working, even if i put an external wifi it says that the card is there but doesn't scan for network, any tips?
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

I wonder if this method might work
https://www.instructables.com/id/The-OrangePi-Lite/

pay close attention to Step 4: