[Idea] Rastrack

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Post Reply
Pilovali
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:11 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

[Idea] Rastrack

Post by Pilovali »

Hello,

I've found this website: http://rastrack.co.uk/index.php
It's default on Rasbian and it allows people to view where Raspberry Pi's are arround the world.
Would it be possible to create a similar website, but then only for DietPi's?
Or plain simple stats, like "34% of DietPi installations are from the UK" and "There are 12345 DietPi installation so far!".
Using an opt-in or opt-out it will send the following information:
* IP-address (not sure, because privacy)
* DietPi version
* Language/country
* Raspberry Pi model
* Installed DietPi software

It reminds me of the SmoothWall "fun" section: http://i.imgur.com/inCYD5c.png

That would be funny and interesting.
Thanks,
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: [Idea] Rastrack

Post by Fourdee »

Pilovali wrote:Hello,

I've found this website: http://rastrack.co.uk/index.php
It's default on Rasbian and it allows people to view where Raspberry Pi's are arround the world.
Would it be possible to create a similar website, but then only for DietPi's?
Or plain simple stats, like "34% of DietPi installations are from the UK" and "There are 12345 DietPi installation so far!".
Using an opt-in or opt-out it will send the following information:
* IP-address (not sure, because privacy)
* DietPi version
* Language/country
* Raspberry Pi model
* Installed DietPi software

It reminds me of the SmoothWall "fun" section: http://i.imgur.com/inCYD5c.png

That would be funny and interesting.
Thanks,
Hi,

This looks interesting and thanks for sharing.

We have a basic system which provides some information during DietPi installations: http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20

It appears Rastrack is a closed system created for the official RPi image. So we would need to create a system from scratch, unfortunately, I dont have the free time available at the moment to look into it further.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Pilovali
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:11 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: [Idea] Rastrack

Post by Pilovali »

Fourdee wrote:
Pilovali wrote:Hello,

I've found this website: http://rastrack.co.uk/index.php
It's default on Rasbian and it allows people to view where Raspberry Pi's are arround the world.
Would it be possible to create a similar website, but then only for DietPi's?
Or plain simple stats, like "34% of DietPi installations are from the UK" and "There are 12345 DietPi installation so far!".
Using an opt-in or opt-out it will send the following information:
* IP-address (not sure, because privacy)
* DietPi version
* Language/country
* Raspberry Pi model
* Installed DietPi software

It reminds me of the SmoothWall "fun" section: http://i.imgur.com/inCYD5c.png

That would be funny and interesting.
Thanks,
Hi,

This looks interesting and thanks for sharing.

We have a basic system which provides some information during DietPi installations: http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20

It appears Rastrack is a closed system created for the official RPi image. So we would need to create a system from scratch, unfortunately, I dont have the free time available at the moment to look into it further.
Oh yea... I didn't thought of that. Will the information of the DietPi Survey ever be public?
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: [Idea] Rastrack

Post by Fourdee »

Pilovali wrote: Oh yea... I didn't thought of that. Will the information of the DietPi Survey ever be public?
The information is stored in basic .txt files at the moment, and, is not database driven.

Although the data does not contain an IP address, or, any identifiable information on its user, i'am not willing to share this information yet, at least until we have a system in place similar to Rastrack.

On the other hand, if you would like to see your data, please let me know your hardware MAC address, and I will send it over.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Pilovali
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:11 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: [Idea] Rastrack

Post by Pilovali »

Fourdee wrote: The information is stored in basic .txt files at the moment, and, is not database driven.

Although the data does not contain an IP address, or, any identifiable information on its user, i'am not willing to share this information yet, at least until we have a system in place similar to Rastrack.

On the other hand, if you would like to see your data, please let me know your hardware MAC address, and I will send it over.
Since all the data is being send to your server (right?), it would be nice if it just shows how many installation of DietPi there are, how much per country and which Raspberry Pi model. This can be easily done with a simple PHP script. If I have some time I'll see if I can make one.
How does the .txt files look? Something like {UniqueID}.txt?
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: [Idea] Rastrack

Post by Fourdee »

Pilovali wrote: Since all the data is being send to your server (right?), it would be nice if it just shows how many installation of DietPi there are, how much per country and which Raspberry Pi model. This can be easily done with a simple PHP script. If I have some time I'll see if I can make one.
How does the .txt files look? Something like {UniqueID}.txt?
Thanks for offering your assistance, it would be great to have this information available.

Each user will send a single .txt file with the following format: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/blob/ ... survey#L41
HardwareMAC-DietPiVersion-DeviceIndex
eg: e84e0623a171-90-1.txt

DeviceIndex 0 = RPi 256mb
DeviceIndex 1 = RPi 512mb
DeviceIndex 2 = RPi v2
DeviceIndex 10 = Odroid C1
DeviceIndex 11 = Odroid Xu4
DeviceIndex 20 = VMware

The .txt file contains the following:

Code: Select all

-------------------------
DietPi-Survey V2
-------------------------
Upload Count   : 4
DietPi Version : 90
Hardware Index : 1
Hardware Name  : Raspberry Pi 1 (512MB)
Distro Index   : 1
Autoboot Index : 0
Country        : Russian Federation
Hostname       : radio


-------------------------
DietPi-Software Installed
-------------------------
#DietPi External Drive
USBDRIVE 0
#DietPi Software
GRASSHOPPER 0
DESKTOP_LXDE 2
WEBSERVER_LAMP 2
WEBSERVER_LEMP 0
WEBSERVER_LASP 0
WEBSERVER_LESP 0
WEBSERVER_NGINX 0
WEBSERVER_APACHE 2
WEBSERVER_MYSQL 2
WEBSERVER_SQLITE 0
WEBSERVER_PHP 2
WEBSERVER_MYADMINPHP 0
OWNCLOUD 0
TRANSMISSION 0
PHPBB 0
HIFI 0
KODI 0
RETROPIE 0
MINIDLNA 0
NOIPDYNDNS 0
VPNSERVER 0
OPENTYRIAN 0
DIETPICAM 0
DELUGE 0
FILESERVER_SAMBA 0
FILESERVER_PROFTP 2
FILESERVER_VSFTPD 0
RASPCONTROL 0
LINUXDASH 0
PIHOLE 0
SUBSONIC 0
WEAVED 0
WEBIOPI 0
DIETPICLOUDSHELL 0
HAPROXY 0
SQUEEZEBOXSERVER 0
#Additional Linux Software
VIMFULL 0
SSHCLIENT 2
SMBCLIENT 0
RPIGPIO 2
GITCLIENT 2
BUILDESSENTIAL 0
ALSABASE 2
XSERVERXORG 2
CURLFTPFS 0
SUDO_AUTH 2
SSHSERVER_DROPBEAR 0
SSHSERVER_OPENSSH 2
LOGGING_LOGROTATE 0
LOGGING_RAMLOG 2
LOGGING_RSYSLOG 0
#DietPi Choice System: SSH Server
INDEX_SSHSERVER_CURRENT 0
INDEX_SSHSERVER_TARGET 0
#DietPi Choice System: File Server
INDEX_FILESERVER_CURRENT 0
INDEX_FILESERVER_TARGET 0
#DietPi Choice System: Logging
INDEX_LOGGING_CURRENT -1
INDEX_LOGGING_TARGET -1


-------------------------
FileSystem
-------------------------
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root       7.2G  1.2G  6.1G  16% /
devtmpfs        214M     0  214M   0% /dev
tmpfs            44M  204K   44M   1% /run
tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs            87M     0   87M   0% /run/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p1   56M   20M   36M  36% /boot
tmpfs           218M     0  218M   0% /tmp
tmpfs            10M  848K  9.2M   9% /DietPi
tmpfs            20M   68K   20M   1% /var/log


If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Post Reply