Odroid C2 upload speed with Powerline

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
kami

Odroid C2 upload speed with Powerline

Post by kami »

Hi,

i am using a Odroid C2 with Dietpi over to LAN 1gigabit D-Link Powerline adapter.

There is no network cable in this room. If i test the network connection with iperf my download speed is at 81 mbps and my upload speed is only 20 mbps. Why is it so slow. If i test the speed in my local network without powerline between my pc and a rpi3 it is 94/92 mbps. This value is good. Because network system is at 100mbps. Can someone tell me why over powerline the up-speed is so slow.

I tested different powerline adapter. Always the same the upspeed is low. The rest is always good.

Thanks a lot.

cu kami
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Odroid C2 upload speed with Powerline

Post by Fourdee »

kami wrote:Can someone tell me why over powerline the up-speed is so slow.
I tested different powerline adapter. Always the same the upspeed is low. The rest is always good.

Thanks a lot.

cu kami
Most likely due to noisy, lengthy, non-insulated electric lines through your house.
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-tips-imp ... e-network/

Personally, i'd recommend avoiding power line adapters, instead, going for a dedicated cable drilled through the required walls. Was the first thing I did when I moved into this house with cat7 :D
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
kami

Post by kami »

Hi,

i know this problems, but it is confusing for me that only the upload is so bad. Could it be a problem with writting and reading of the odroid?

Cu kami
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

kami wrote:Hi,

i know this problems, but it is confusing for me that only the upload is so bad. Could it be a problem with writting and reading of the odroid?

Cu kami
Hi,

I get at least 800Mbit upload with Odroid C2.
local network without powerline between my pc and a rpi3 it is 94/92 mbps
You'd need to run the same local test with Odroid C2 + PC, without powerline to verify if the board has an issue with upload speeds.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.