After updating to Debian Bullseye: Docker doesn't work Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
FalconX

Re: After updating to Debian Bullseye: Docker doesn't work

Post by FalconX »

I've added some newer kernel packages from ayufan, but I was not able to upgrade the kernel. At least I wanted a kernel with version 5.x, which could handle cgroup namespaces. Also tried a workaround with a namespace command loaded at boot, but this also didn't work.

Sorry for deleting the post, was kinda frustated and thought what I did there had made not much sense anyway and didn't want to spam the forum too much :-D

In the meantime I thought about the second option again, to start with a new Dietpi bullseye image. Maybe there's to much mixed up with the kernel/system now. And probably I've already wasted to much time trying to upgrade the kernel or to workaround this cgroup namespace errorr. In this time I might had already a running system, if I had started with a fresh install.
Backing up the docker containers was quite easy, but from my linux eperience so far, I'm afraid, there will be still something which will prevent to restore them properly... let's see.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Okay so then I'm pretty sure it's an Armbian image which makes the kernel upgrade very easy. But please run the commands provided above for initial cleanup and to get some more info assuring that what I think is true :).
FalconX

Post by FalconX »

Sorry, saw your post to late. Flashed the newest Dietpi Bullseye image and everything is back to normal now, I should have done it this way in the first place.
The last kernel which was active was 4.192 from ayufan, don't know about Armbian.
Thanks for your help.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Okay great, this was certainly the cleanest way :).