dietpi uninstall

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
flibustier

dietpi uninstall

Post by flibustier »

how to uninstall it safely? I didnt find any info in dietpi scripts and this forum too. Ty
ravenclaw900

Re: dietpi uninstall

Post by ravenclaw900 »

Hello,
What do you mean by uninstall? If you mean software, there’s an Uninstall option in dietpi-software. If you want to remove DietPi itself from a Debian system that you used the prep script on, you can’t, as DietPi makes (basically) irreversible changes to your system.
Last edited by ravenclaw900 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

It might be possible by reverting all steps done by PREP script. But it would be quite some manual effort to remove DietPi settings/tools and replace them with standard. I doubt it was done before. Would be easier to start with a new clean installation from the OS you like to run.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
flibustier

Post by flibustier »

k so how to disable autoloading dietpi all components if uninstalling isnt possible?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Honestly I don't understand where you like to go and what you are trying to achieve. If you are going to disable DietPi componets, your system will not start. Maybe you can give some more information on your goal.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team