Nextcloud on Dietpi v6.34.3 Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
cktechie

Nextcloud on Dietpi v6.34.3

Post by cktechie »

hi,

I have configured nextcloud on dietpi v6.34.3. Had a question, if nextcloud (config & data) is backed up via the dietpi-backup OR is there any other process to back up the nextcloud data and associated databases ?

Please suggest.

Thanks!
WatskeBart

Re: Nextcloud on Dietpi v6.34.3

Post by WatskeBart »

See the anwser from @Joulinar here.

Almost all the user data is stored in /mnt/dietpi_userdata and dietpi-backup makes a backup of the complete system.
//WB

There's not much you can do, without a CPU.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

many thanks for your message. Usually everything inside /mnt/dietpi_userdata/ should be backed up. Means your Nextcloud data are included as long as dietpi_userdata was not moved to an external device. As well easy to verify. Just do a backup and have a look into backup location afterwards if all your data visible.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

Thank you @WatskeBart @Joulinar

I have the dietpi_userdata location moved / pointed to the external HDD using the dietpi config tool. Does it mean the nextcloud data will not be backed up?

please let me know
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Does it mean the nextcloud data will not be backed up?
Correct
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

@Joulinar So, I need to do a dietpi-backup as well as backup the nextcloud data separately.

From the link in the above post - there was mention of Custom Filter--
Is it possible to add/exclude directories?
yes, thats possible. There is an option inside dietpi-backup called Custom Filters
How do I use the custom filter to include the nextcloud data to be backed up using the dietpi-backup?

thanks for your patience!

Edit: I found the option for custom filter in the dietpi-back, tested it. Adding Custom Filter to include a path for external hdd does not backup that path
#+ /path/to/my/file
#+ /path/to/my/directory/

Looks like I will need to backup separately.

Any help, how I could backup the Nextcloud data folder? cp command?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

this is similar to following post viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8468

You would need to create your own rsync script to backup data on an external drive. As well I would recommend to have a look to NextCloud docs to check how to backup your database as well. https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/lates ... ckup.html#

A little bit of some discussion around backups viewtopic.php?p=30172#p30172
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

Thank you! I will look into it and create a script.

Hopefully Dietpi-Backup will include options for this in future iteration :)