DietPi in Acer C720 Chromebook

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
sergio135

DietPi in Acer C720 Chromebook

Post by sergio135 »

hello, I have an acer c720 chromebook with only 2G of ram, with no possibility of expansion and onboard SSD.
https://www.chromebookspecs.com/acer-c7 ... ebook-32gb
not to mention the little memory, it is a great machine, I have had it for years and it is very durable, including the battery.
I would like to know if there is a step by step to install the dietpi in it. currently it is with the solus OS, but it is slow, because of the memory.
I remember that when I tried to install another debian distro I had problems with the touchpad, which did not happen with solusOS.
I recorded a pendrive with debian LXDE and managed to access it in liveUSB mode, but as I expected the touchpad had problems, although this time it worked, only the "click" function was missing.

I thank you in advance and please forgive my weak English.

PS: I forgot to say that I already installed the dietpi in one rpi4 and two rpi zero, so I have some familiarity with the system, although I am very limited technically speaking.
thanks again

Joulinar

Re: DietPi in Acer C720 Chromebook

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

many thanks for your request. Basically the base of DietPi is a Debian image. There you would need to get a Debian image running. Once done you could try to setup DietPi on top.

https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/1285
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team

sergio135

Post by sergio135 »

hello, thanks for the solution!
I would like more help, if possible. Does this script work on ubuntu systems? I have a c710, older than this c720, and has been running galliumOS for a long time. Ubuntu is "related" to debian, so I thought about that.

Thank you again.

Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

No it's not working with Ubuntu. You need Debian for this.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team