The new Raspberry Pi 4 Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
pakikje

Re: The new Raspberry Pi 4

Post by pakikje »

Just to mention:
On DietPi v6.26.3, booting from ssd (rootfs) works if the ssd (on a usb to sata cable) is on a powered-usb-hub.
Syncthing can be installed but no lamp-stack is installed automatic.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Great to hear. Jep external drivers on SBCs should always be powered externally. So not rely on the max 1.2 A shared over all USB ports.

Syncthing does not require any dedicated webserver or database. It has it's own little integrated webserver.
pakikje

Post by pakikje »

I installed:

syncthing *
homeassistant *
smb (didn't work in the beginning, i modded the filerights and now i can access the share on a win-box)

* don't work.

Dietpi-services shows that syncthing and homeassistant failed to start. (restart doesn't help)

ps: could this be because rootfs and dietpi-userdata are on sda1? (ssd)
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

@pakikje
To fix Syncthing, please run:

Code: Select all

chown -R dietpi:dietpi /mnt/dietpi_userdata/syncthing*
systemctl restart syncthing
Ref: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/3180

For SMB, if it worked at the beginning, review your filter changes to check which one broke access? ;)

For Homeassistant, I can do some test. However error messages or logs you encountered would be helpful.
EDIT: Same issue, please run:

Code: Select all

chown -R homeassistant:homeassistant /mnt/dietpi_userdata/homeassistant
systemctl restart home-assistant
Location of userdata should not play a role unless the external drives file system supports UNIX permissions. But that is checked when transferring userdata and rootfs.
pakikje

Post by pakikje »

fix worked! Thnx ( i started from scratch, smb works too..)
melaniestaines

Post by melaniestaines »

ThAnEb wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:08 pm
melaniestaines wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:52 am Hey all. Got my Pi4, 4gb memory, 256gb SanDisk Ultra A1 micro SD, I have gigabit internet, all cat6A ethernet in my home. PC, Synology get full gig speeds. But the Pi is only giving me 15mbps download? What gives? Just installed fresh Raspberian Buster. Any help is appreciated.
Hum, how to say that.. maybe i’m wrong, but .. from my point of view it’s not a big surprise.. if you install dietpi (by using the dietpi PREP script available on github for exemple) you will have at first setup (and later with the dietpi-config or dietpi-drive_manager ) an advanced option to bench drive (your sd card).. you should test it for have a better idea.. i bet 80 boursouf that’s what limiting you..

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/raspb ... 39811.html

@pakikje
I tried the install of home assistant with the DietpiOnKali.. unfortunately, there’s one dependency that cannot be satisfied, it seems it's a library to be replaced soon by another one, i don’t have too much free time these days for start to dig in the home assistant project and look for a manual install, but i think it could be possible.. however, i was thinking about the img i posted , in few weeks, there’s some reasonable chances that all the packages may get an update in stable debian branch, that means, when it will happens, this image will be a 100% arm64 debian with a tuned kernel.. (and all the dietpi debian function will of course work normally). By the way, if use it now and switch repo to debian unstable, everything should be installable, but considered as unstable by debian ^^

Thanks for providing a detailed info, i m working on it.
MikeDeezy

Post by MikeDeezy »

Is it possible to overclock the Pi 4 to 2.147 Ghz running the latest version of DietPi?

My Pi 4 doesn't even boot when I select the High ARM in dietpi-config so maybe I lost the silicon lottery as-is but I'm just curious if we can go higher.

Thanks!
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Try to increase the overvoltage manually in /DietPi/config.txt (or config.txt from boot partition when plugging the failing SDcard into external system). Since it runs mostly stable with overvoltage 4, we set it to 5 already to be failsafe but probably there are some boards where even 6 is required.

Higher ARM clocks are possible like on Raspbian but out presets only contain values that run with usual cooling systems on acceptable temperatures.
francisp

Post by francisp »

I installed the 64-bit Dietpi version,
Image : DietPi Core Team (pre-image: Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit))

but I get ' No supported WiFi hardware was found. '

How do I enable the WLAN chip ?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

@francisp
I see you posted same question on GitHub. https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issu ... -715747607
Let's stick to one platform pls. It doesn't make sense to raise same question multiple times. ;)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team