Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1870
- Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:21 pm
- Did you try to set it manually and check back if it got applied: iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT; iptables -L FORWARD
- If Docker configures iptables, did you verify that it does not either overwrite previous rules or it must be set somehow from within Docker to be effektive there? Sorry I am not too experienced with Docker .
- To debug, disable Docker autostart (echo '- docker' >> /DietPi/dietpi/.dietpi-services_include_exclude), use /etc/network/if-up.d/iptables (makes most sense IMO), assure that it has a proper shebang: #!/bin/dash will work best for this simple command.
- Check if run-parts would even run the script: run-parts --test /etc/network/if-up.d
- Check if the result is as expected: run-parts -v /etc/network/if-up.d
- Check if ifup triggers it similarly: ifdown eth0; sleep 1; ifup eth0 (Replace "eth0" with the correct interface)
- Do a reboot, check if interface is brought up as expected and iptables rules state applied: ip a; iptables -L FORWARD
- Then compare result with Docker enabled: sed -i '/- docker/d' /DietPi/dietpi/.dietpi-services_include_exclude
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 pm
MichaIng wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:01 pm
Thank you for the reply. I will look at this a bit later as more urgent IT and other matters appeared these days.