qBittorrent login issue Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
sc355

qBittorrent login issue

Post by sc355 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:39 am

hi, i upgrated my dietpi to lastest version today and reinstalled softwares. after qbittorrent install, i cannot login on webgui. tried different combinations;

qbittorrent / dietpi
qbittorrent / adminadmin
qbittorrent / *myglobalpass*
root / dietpi
root / adminadmin
root / *myglobalpass*

no result.

searched forums, tried to config qbittorrent.conf webgui password line. nothing.

please help me to find right solution.

brtravel

Re: qBittorrent login issue

Post by brtravel » Wed May 22, 2019 7:57 am

qbittorrent / dietpi still works for me on latest updates 🤷‍♂️

MichaIng
Legend

Post by MichaIng » Sun May 26, 2019 12:54 am

@sc355
I could replicate the issue. Even removing the user and password from the config file and restarting the service didn't allow me to login the web UI: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... ent-nox%29
But also there is no wrong user/password warning, so it seems to be another issue actually. Is that true in your case as well when you use qbittorrent / *myglobalpass*?

Hah, tried it with another browser (Edge) and there it worked. On Opera it still does not...
Logged in with Edge with default user/password (admin/adminadmin) after removing user and password lines from config + restart. Then adjusted both in web UI and compared to how we add it in dietpi-software: Exactly the same!

So it seems to be a browser specific issue. Please verify that this is the case for you as well (e.g. it works with Microsoft Edge). Then we need to report to qBittorrent devs.

sc355

Post by sc355 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:05 pm

MichaIng wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:54 am
@sc355
I could replicate the issue. Even removing the user and password from the config file and restarting the service didn't allow me to login the web UI: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... ent-nox%29
But also there is no wrong user/password warning, so it seems to be another issue actually. Is that true in your case as well when you use qbittorrent / *myglobalpass*?

Hah, tried it with another browser (Edge) and there it worked. On Opera it still does not...
Logged in with Edge with default user/password (admin/adminadmin) after removing user and password lines from config + restart. Then adjusted both in web UI and compared to how we add it in dietpi-software: Exactly the same!

So it seems to be a browser specific issue. Please verify that this is the case for you as well (e.g. it works with Microsoft Edge). Then we need to report to qBittorrent devs.
you are right Michalng thank you.
hust tried on edge, and its ok with qbittorrent / dietpi
still cant login on chrome.

MichaIng
Legend

Post by MichaIng » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Ref: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/2861

No issue on Buster systems, so it is resolved with current qBitTorrent versions. Will report this to the Debian bug tracker, perhaps it is reason enough to update the version in Stretch repo. Otherwise we probably need to ship custom compiled binaries.

I will add the info to our online docs for now: viewtopic.php?p=2272#p2272