DietPi-Sync Simple question

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
rothchild

DietPi-Sync Simple question

Post by rothchild »

How do I adjust the time that DietPi-Sync runs my file sync operation?

I'd like to set it up so that it runs overnight when I'm likely not to using the machine.

Cheers
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: DietPi-Sync Simple question

Post by Fourdee »

rothchild wrote:How do I adjust the time that DietPi-Sync runs my file sync operation?

I'd like to set it up so that it runs overnight when I'm likely not to using the machine.

Cheers
DietPi-Sync uses the cron.daily job.

You can change the time cron.daily runs by editing the crontab file:

Code: Select all

nano /etc/crontab 
Example 1:25am (Jessie):

Code: Select all

25 1    * * *   root    test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
rothchild

Post by rothchild »

Thanks Fourdee, I'll give it a go.

May I submit a feature request that there be a simple setting for this as part of dietpi-sync?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

rothchild wrote:Thanks Fourdee, I'll give it a go.

May I submit a feature request that there be a simple setting for this as part of dietpi-sync?
Thats a great suggestion. +1

I will add a feature to DietPi-Config that allows you to set the values in crontab. This will allow you to set when the following cronjobs start hourly/daily/weekly/monthly. DietPi-Sync uses cron.daily.

Git: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/118

As for when it will get implemented, not sure, possibly a week. Currently changing all Odroid Images and code to Odroibian (Debian Jessie).
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.