docker-compose fails to install on Pine A64 on DietPi 7.1.2 Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Joulinar

Re: docker-compose fails to install on Pine A64 on DietPi 7.1.2

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

basically you would have 2 options.

1) download a new fresh Buster image and start a clean install from scratch https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/Die ... -Buster.7z

2) perform an in-place upgrade following this guide viewtopic.php?p=18988#p18988
originally the guide was intended for Raspberry Pi devices but with smaller adjustments on the apt source list'S, it should work on a Pine A64 as well. If all is working fine, Python should be updated to version 3.7 and I would recommend to reinstall Docker Compose after your system has been reboot.

Code: Select all

dietpi-software reinstall 134
Disclaimer: Whatever you do, you will do it on your own risk. It's highly recommended to do a full backup of your SD card before. Best would be to clone it, because the upgrade will touch nearly every installed packaged. ;)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
tfmeier

Post by tfmeier »

I have rebuilt the Pine64 with the referenced Buster image. All went well (docker, docker-compose) without any errors. Thanks for the help again!
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

my pleasure
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team