REQUEST (?) dietpi-software offline

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
esturniolo

REQUEST (?) dietpi-software offline

Post by esturniolo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi guys.
There is a way to access to dietpi-software without internet?
Last week I should change some option that are inside this menu (SSH Server and File Server) while I was offline and I couldn't because the script necessarily needs internet connection.

If there is a way, I don't know (and I can't find it) how do it. If not, can you add this in roadmap? If you need a request update in Github, I can do that.

If I want/need change some stuff that are inside the script and I previously installed, I can't do it. May be with Web Server, File Server or SSH Server. I do not need to be strictly online to change that options if was already installed.

Thanks!

k-plan

Re: REQUEST (?) dietpi-software offline

Post by k-plan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi,
esturniolo wrote:If you need a request update in Github, I can do that.
Hmmm ... sound for me like the best idea to get this solved. Please do this.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal and Bitcoin.

Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: REQUEST (?) dietpi-software offline

Post by Fourdee » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:54 am

Last week I should change some option that are inside this menu (SSH Server and File Server) while I was offline and I couldn't because the script necessarily needs internet connection.
As DietPi uninstalls non-required packages when you make a choice change, you'll need internet to download the packages for install.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal and Bitcoin.