DietPi-Software | Details for ALL installation options
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:00 pm
Before Continuing: Download the DietPi Image,write to SD card and login.
DietPi-Software allows you to install optional "ready to run" and optimized software for your device.
As well as automating the linux installation and configuration process for you, DietPi-Software also applies specific optimizations unique to your hardware model, ensuring you get the maximum performance from your device.
How do I run DietPi-Software?
DietPi-Software can be launched via the command line: dietpi-launcher or dietpi-software
NB: Available software is dependent on the device and CPU architecture, some software titles may be unavailable. You can run the following command to list disabled items:
dietpi-software list | grep disabled
- LXDE - Highly optimized lightweight desktop without the "bloatware".
- MATE - Popular Gnome 2 desktop.
- XFCE - Lightweight desktop.
- GnuStep - Alternative/unique desktop.
- Chromium - Optional: Web browser
Remote Desktop Access:
- Tightvnc Server - Desktop for remote connection.
- VNC4 Server - Desktop for remote connection.
- NoMachine - Feature rich remote desktop connection.
- XRDP - Remote desktop server for Windows Remote Desktop Client.
- RealVNC Server - Desktop for remote connection.
- Kodi - Media Centre / Player
- YMPD - Lightweight web Interface audio player for MPD
- O!MPD - Feature-rich web Interface audio player for MPD
- CAVA - Optional: Console-based audio visualizer for MPD
- Mopidy - Web Interface Music /Radio Player
- AirSonic - Feature rich media streaming server with web interface.
- SubSonic - Feature rich media streaming server with web interface.
- SqueezeBox - Also known as Logitech Media Server.
- SqueezeLite - Audio player for SqueezeBox.
- Shairport Sync - AirPlay audio player with multiroom sync
- BruteFIR - EQ and Digital Room Correction via ALSA.
- ReadyMedia - (MiniDLNA) Media streaming server (DLNA, UPnP)
- Ampache - Web interface media streaming server.
- Emby - Web interface media streaming server.
- Plex Media Server - Web interface media streaming server.
- PlexPy - Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server.
- Murmur - Mumble VoIP Server
- Roon Bridge - Turns your device into a Roon capable audio player
- Roon Server - Turns your device into a Roon capable audio player and Roon core
- NAA Daemon - Signalyst Network Audio Adaptor (NAA).
- IceCast - Shoutcast Streaming Server, including DarkIce.
- jRiver - Media Center
- Koel - Web interface streaming server.
- Gmrender - DLNA audio render.
BitTorrent / Download Tools:
- Transmission - Lightweight BitTorrent server with web interface
- Deluge - Alternative BitTorrent server with web interface
- qBitTorrent - Lightweight and fast (c++) BitTorrent server with web interface
- rTorrent - BitTorrent server with ruTorrent web interface
- Aria2 - Download manager with web interface
- SABnzbd - NZB download manager with web interface.
- SickRage - Automatically download TV shows
- Sonarr - Automatically download TV shows
- Radarr - Automatically download Movies
- CouchPotato - Automatically download movies.
- Jackett - API Support for your favorite torrent trackers.
- NZBget - NZB download manager with web interface.
- HTPC Manager - combines all your favorite software into one slick interface.
Emulation & Gaming:
- OpenTyrian - Gaming
- Cuberite - Fast Minecraft server with web interface
- MineOS - Multiple Minecraft servers with web interface
- Nukkit - Server for Minecraft Pocket Edition
- AmiBerry - Amiga emulation system, further developed optimized builds of uae4arm-rpi
- DXX-Rebirth - Descent 1 & 2 OpenGL port
- Steam - Steam client
Camera / Surveillance:
- RPi Cam Control - RPi Camera / Web Interface Surveillance
- MotionEye - Camera / Web Interface Surveillance
Cloud / Backups:
- ownCloud - Your own personal cloud based backup/data storage system
- Nextcloud - Your own personal cloud based backup/data storage system
- Pydio - Feature-rich backup and sync server with web interface.
- UrBackup Server - Full backups for systems on your network
- Gogs - GitHub style server, with web interface.
- Gitea - GitHub style server, with web interface.
- Syncthing - Backup and sync server with web interface.
- Tonido - Lightweight backup and sync server with web interface, and, cloud access.
- Minio - S3 compatible distributed object server
Social / Search:
- Forums - phpbb3
- Wordpress - Website Blog and Publishing platform.
- Image Gallery - Host and browse your images from a web interface.
- BaiKal - Lightweight CalDAV + CardDAV server.
- OpenBazaar - Decentralized peer to peer market server using BitCoin.
- YaCy - Decentralized open source search engine.
- WiFi HotSpot - Turn your device into a wireless hotspot/access point.
- Tor HotSpot - Optional: Routes all WiFi HotSpot traffic through the Tor network.
- Home Assistant - Open-source home automation platform running on Python 3.
- EmonPi - Lightweight Energy usage stats with EmonPi PCB.
- Grasshopper - Web App to control Bticino MyHome
- Google AIY - Voice kit "Ok, Google"!.
- PiJuice - PiSupply UPS/battery power system.
- RPi.GPIO - GPIO Interface library for RPi (python).
- WiringPi - GPIO Interface library (c).
- WebIOPi - Web interface to control RPi GPIO.
- Node-Red - Visual tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services.
- Mosquitto - Message broker that implements MQTT protocol versions 3.1 and 3.1.1.
- Blynk Server - iOs and Android apps to control Arduino, ESP8266, Raspberry Pi and similar microcontroller boards over the Internet.
- AudioPhonics Pi-SPC - Power control module for Raspberry Pi, allowing physical button power on/off.
- InfluxDB - Database optimized to save time based data as logs or data from a sensor.
- Grafana - The open platform for beautiful analytics and monitoring.
- Remot3.it - (Weaved) Access your device over the internet.
- VirtualHere - Share physically attached USB devices from your SBC, over the network.
System Stats / Management:
- DietPi-Cloudshell - Lightweight system stats for your LCD display or monitor.
- Raspcontrol - Web interface system stats
- Linux Dash - Web interface system stats
- PhpSysInfo - Web interface system stats
- RPi Monitor - Web interface system stats
- NetData - Web interface system stats
- Webmin - Remote system management with web interface
- Open Media Vault - Web interface network attached storage (NAS) solution
- Fail2Ban - Protects your system from brute-force attacks
- Docker - Build, ship, and run distributed applications
- LAMP Webserver - Apache2 / MySql / PHP
- LASP Webserver - Apache2 / SQLite / PHP
- LAAP Webserver - Apache2 / MariaDB / PHP
- LEMP Webserver - Nginx / MySql / PHP
- LESP Webserver - Nginx / SQLite / PHP
- LEAP Webserver - Nginx / MariaDB / PHP
- LLMP Webserver - Lighttpd / MySql / PHP
- LLSP Webserver - Lighttpd / SQLite / PHP
- LLAP Webserver - Lighttpd / MariaDB/ PHP
- phpMyAdmin - Web interface SQL admin tool
- Certbot - Free, automated SSL cert creation and setup, allowing https.
- Tomcat8 - Apache Tomcat server
- Pi-hole - A DNS/Web server that will block ads for any device on your network.
- ProFTP - Simple, efficient, lightweight FTP file server.
- Samba - Feature rich file server.
- vsFTPD - Feature rich FTP file server.
- NFS - Network file system server
- OpenVPN - Easy to use, minimal hassle VPN server
- PiVPN - OpenVPN installer & management tool
Network Load Balancing:
- HaProxy - High performance TCP/HTTP load balancer.
- NoIp - Website URL Address
- CloudPrint - CUPS print server, with support for Google cloud printing
- OctoPrint - Web interface for controlling 3D printers
File Server Choices:
- ProFTP - Simple, efficient, lightweight file server.
- Samba - Feature rich file server.
SSH Server Choices:
- Dropbear - Lightweight SSH Server
- OpenSSH - Feature rich SSH server with SFTP/SCP support.
Log System Choices:
- DietPi-Ramlog - Lightweight RAM logging.
- Full - Full logging system with Rsyslog and Logrotate.
Webserver Preference System:
- Apache2 - Feature-rich webserver
- Nginx - Lightweight webserver
- Lighttpd - Extremely lightweight webserver
htop - (The only resource monitor you'll ever need)
DietPi-Ramlog #1 - (Mounts /var/log to RAM. Saves your SD card writes, and, uses less than 0.1mb~ of RAM).
Dropbear - (Lightweight SSH server)
dietpi-launcher - (Select and Run any of the DietPi programs, all from one place.)
dietpi-config - (Feature rich configuration tool for your device)
dietpi-software - (Install optimized and ready to run software)
dietpi-update (Update your version of DietPi)
dietpi-drive_manager - (Feature-rich drive management utility)
dietpi-backup - (Backup or restore your DietPi system)
dietpi-sync - (Allows you to sync/duplicate one directory to another).
dietpi-services - (Takes control of software services, enabling DietPi a method of quick service control).
dietpi-process_tool - (Tweak system wide nice/priority levels, for most software and processes).
dietpi-cleaner - (Remove unwanted "junk" from your DietPi system and free up filesystem space)
dietpi-bugreport - (Sends a bug report to DietPi)
dietpi-autostart - (Choose which program/script is automatically run during boot, eg: Kodi/desktop)
dietpi-cron - (Allows you to modify all start times for Cron Jobs)
dietpi-logclear - (Keep ontop of your log files, features clearing and backup modes).
dietpi-morsecode - (Converts a text file to morse code, then outputs to your screen)
dietpi-letsencrypt - (Frontend for Lets Encrypt and DietPi integration)
dietpi-justboom - (Frontend for changing audio settings, eg: EQ, MPD, CAVA)
Useful DietPi Global Commands:
G_TREESIZE - (Shows current directory/file sizes, recursive)
G_AGI - (apt-get install)
G_AGP - (apt-get remove)
G_AGA - (apt-get auto-remove)
G_AGUP - (apt-get update)
G_AGDUG - (apt-get dist-upgrade)
Donations / Support DietPi:
DietPi is a free product and relies solely on your donations for funding. If you found DietPi useful and want to support future development, please click here to find out more.