In DietPi, we class user data as:
- Data storage for applications. Some examples:
- Ownclound/NextCloud data store.
- BitTorrent downloads.
- SQL data store (v142+)
- The location where your fileserver choice will point to, if you install one (eg: Samba Server, Proftpd).
- The location where you can upload and store your media content, for other applications to use (eg: Kodi, Emby, Plex etc).
For all software you install in dietpi-software, you can access your user data with /mnt/dietpi_userdata. Regardless of where the data is physically stored, a symlink will automatically be created for you if needed.
To check where the physical location is, you can run the following command readlink -f /mnt/dietpi_userdata
Can I move my user data to another location (eg: USB drive?)
Simply run dietpi-software and enter the User data location menu option:
- If you need to setup a new external drive, select Drive Manager, to launch DietPi-Drive Manager
- Use the List option to select from a list of mounted drives, or, select Manual for a custom location.